Thread: Employer's letter for Visit Visa

sagarshidore is offline Junior Member

Default Employer's letter for Visit Visa

Hi All,

I am in a dilemma right now.

I have just applied for a visit visa (my EOI has also been selected from the 17th Decemeber draw).

We intend to go to NZ in Feb, 2009 and stay there for two months and try n find work.

The lady at the NZ consulate asked me for a letter of leave from my employer. However, since I am going to resign from my current job, I cannot get a letter of leave from my employer. Even if I do not resign, I still would not get a two month leave.

She has said that I can submit it later if not now. But I will need to submit it because the Visa Officer might raise a query on the same.

Can someone please let me know what can be done in such a scenario? Has anyone faced this kind of a problem?

Thanks in advance and a Merry Christmas to all!

Sagar

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Sagar and Merry Christmas to you, too.

I know, in some countries in the Middle East, a letter of leave from one's employer is required before you can exit the country and this is normal procedure. Is this the case in Dubai or can you normally leave without a letter? When you intend visiting NZ on a visitor's visa, will you be going back to Dubai after the 2 months or do you hope to stay in NZ i.e. will you have resigned from your job before this trip?

If you are going to resign before you leave Dubai, INZ can't ask for a letter of leave from a job that you no longer have although a letter accepting your resignation might be useful. You should be a free agent. If, however, you are going back to Dubai after your visit and then resigning, you would still be able to ask for a letter before you go.

Did you mention to the lady at the consulate that you were going to NZ to look for work? If so, it may be that she is worried that you might want to overstay and work without a proper visa or she may be concerned that you are a potential absconder, as some are out here and she wants to see that you have permission to leave the country and your employer is expecting you to return to Dubai.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.