I think I've asked this before but can someone just confirm it please.

When I arrive in NZ I plan to hire a camper for about two months to travel around but I would like to work for a few days here and there to get a feel for the construction industry and make contacts.

Can I apply for my NI number (if thats what its called) in person or do I need a permenant address? Could I just use for example, a trustworthy employers home address?

Oh, I have a permenant visa for OZ by the way and was told that I would be issued with a work visa? on entry to NZ.

Thanks very much all