Thread: Is this a good time to move?

Snoopy is offline Junior Member
    Originally fm Zimbabwe, but moved to UK cos of the political situation there drove us out

Default Is this a good time to move?

Hi

I am on the brink of applying to move to NZ on a WR route - I dont have enough points to apply on the Skilled Work list and so will use an agency to help me with the best options I have available: I dont have money to play around with, but am desperate to get to NZ. Obviously the current situation of the Global ecomony crashing is terribly scary to everyone world-wide. Here in the UK, we are being advised to sit tight, not to move house, etc etc and they say that the UK and USA will be the worst hit by this situation.
    I was wondering if anyone thinks this is a bad time for new-comers to be arriving in the NZ re: job employment offers, and everything being so unsettled, etc? Or perhaps it is the best time to leave UK!
    Obviously no-one can give me a definitive answer, but I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

This a a great site, by the way and I have poured over so much information and advice. :

Snoopy

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Snoopy

Things are tough around the globe. This can make it tough to reallocate as you won't have the support structure of family and friends.

You will always feel global ripples stronger here so you might as well get used to it.

In the bigger sense NZ will do OK because we make food, an essential. Australia makes raw materials so someones needs to want new things so they may be more impacted in some ways.

If things really got awful in the world you would survive here which might not be the case in many places. NZ will be impacted as crude continues to rise in the future.

The only people who make no mistakes are people who do nothing.

Not sure if that helps much becuase me or anyone else has a crystal ball for the future.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Somewhere inside of you, you already know the answer to this question.

The world is on the brink of massive changes. Everyone feels it, even though they perceive it differently and call it by different names. We can do nothing to settle the flux because it is out of our control. We have tried to take control through logic, rationality and scientific reasoning. These things have become our religion. But they will be no more. The old structures are failing because they no longer serve.

The upheaval that everyone is feeling, the uncertainty, the fear is because our paradigms of consciousness are shifting. More people than ever before are feeling dissatisfied, unfulfilled and empty. They lack direction, motivation and objective. They are beginning to look for their true purpose.

Thousands of people all over the world are feeling pulled in new directions. They feel compelled to go to places they never considered before and perhaps more than ever before, they are allowing themselves to comply. They are acting on their gut instincts rather than surpressing them. This is all happening for a reason. A new age is upon is.

If you have a nagging urge that keeps pushing you in the direction of NZ then open yourself up to it and allow it to influence you. Even if it seems incomprehensible and without reason, even if it seems to others that you've gone completely mad, even if it seems that you are acting wildly on a whim, you should listen to it and do what you know is right. It doesn't matter what is happening elsewhere in the world or in other peoples lives because your truth is your truth and no one else's. The right time to do things is the right time for you and if you're honest with yourself you know when that is.

Trust your intuition. If you're supposed to be here nothing will stop you from being here. Don't ask why. Act.
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

Nice post dawn. A lot of common sense in what you said.

Cliff
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

Snoopy is offline Junior Member
    Originally fm Zimbabwe, but moved to UK cos of the political situation there drove us out

Arrow

Hi you guys
    thanks for all the thoughts - I really appreciate it. I suppose everyone is telling me stop thinking and looking, and DO IT. Its only my own worries that are stopping me as I keep asking myself "yes, but what if......."

Since when I left Africa, I've already left my family
    it is only becuase I will be taking my trusting family, and once again starting a new life in the unknown, that scares me so much ( as I'm sure it did to you too) - but if I dont do it, I will probably regret my decision. NZ is so much more like my wonderful Zimbabwe in culture and I'm sure we'll all be far happier there.
    So thank you for helping me take the plunge!!!

Snoopy

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It will be a great adventure for you, if nothing else.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.