Thread: what is are the possibilities to me moving from England to NZ??

baker is offline Junior Member

Default what is are the possibilities to me moving from England to NZ??

Heya everyone, im thinking about moving to NZ from England and wondered what the possibilities were of it actually happening as i know that it can be based on a points scoring system. If anyone could give me and information it would be greatly appreciated thankyou in advance Mitch

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Mitch and

There's a bit more to applying for residency in NZ than just getting points. If you have a read through this previous post you might get an idea of what is involved. It all comes down to whether you have job skills that are badly needed in NZ otherwise it gets a bit tricky. See what you think after you've read through this.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Unhappy

thankyou for your welcome motherbear , i have had a look at the points system and have only scored 40 as i have a partner who is living there now with her aunt. only skills that i have is for computers which is the advanced course in CLAIT (computer literate and information technology) i have been told by my partner that i can apply for a working visa there which is for 23 months...i am only 21 and have the 1 qualification in computers and from reading the link you sent to me it seems that i do not have the recommendations needed in living there. my partners aunt has offered to sponsor me but not sure if this will help my case in any way? do you have any other ideals in which i can improve my chances or any other ideals in which i could take on? oh and i have been told that i could have a job there working with computers if i wanted....... i was looking to move there in 1 years time so maybe there is something i can do to gain the extra needed points? thankyou so much for your advice and help
    Last edited by baker; 20-08-2008 at 04:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    .... my partners aunt has offered to sponsor me but not sure if this will help my case in any way?
    Unfortunately, it's only immediate family members who can sponsor you e.g. parents or siblings so that wouldn't be an option.

There is a new Essential Skills Policy out now, which you could take a look at. See if you could fit in there and work your way to residence if you have the chance of a job offer.

Had your partner been a kiwi, you could have applied for a work visa through your relationship.
    Mother Bear

we were planning on getting married in NZ while i was there if there were any chances of me living there...she had moved from SA to NZ 3 years ago...dont know if this makes a difference,thanks for your help again ;)
    Last edited by baker; 20-08-2008 at 06:30 AM.

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

If you are only 21 ave you looked into the working Holiday visa. I believe they are fairly easy to get abd that would give you some time to weigh things up in NZ. If you can secure a permanent job once you arrive then you may be able to apply for a work permit.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    we were planning on getting married in NZ while i was there if there were any chances of me living there...she had moved from SA to NZ 3 years ago...dont know if this makes a difference,thanks for your help again ;)
    No, it wouldn't make any difference. NZ accepts you whether you're married or just in a relationship as long as you can prove you have been living together for more than 12 months in a genuine and stable relationship. We all have to prove this living together thing whether we're married or not and whether we've been together for 2 months or 25 years. It makes no difference.

Has your partner held NZ residence for more than 3 years? If so, she can sponsor you under the Family Category (Partnership Policy) or you could apply for a temporary visa under the Family Stream.
    Mother Bear

so if i can get a permanant job placement in NZ then there might be a chance that i can then later apply for permanant residency??? and no my partner has only been living in NZ for 2 years now but living with her aunt who has lived there for over 15 years.....