Thread: started the ball rolling!

skuttle7 is offline Junior Member

Default started the ball rolling!

Hi everyone,
    With help from this great forum, and advise you have given others, we have got the ball rolling so to speak.
    We now have our seats booked in london on the 30th, can't wait getting really excited now, We have done more research into looking at areas, property prices, schooling, even found a web site showing different bus routes for schools, Also did a little on google earth,
    After all this we came upon the area of Kamo, and surrounding schools, which we are looking into a little more today, Does anyone live in this area that maybe able to shed some light? The working side of things my husband will wait to see what he can find out in london, We have checked out with your help, cost of living grocery shopping etc, Also looked into bringing the dogs over, As we really don't want to leave them in the uk, they are a huge part of our family,, Does anyone know if we can bring our two pet corn snakes over? i can't find anything on any web sites to help me with that one.
    So what im asking is , what next, anything else i will need to check out or any other web sites that will help me get organised,
    many thanks again
    one excited mum

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skuttle7 View Post
    Does anyone know if we can bring our two pet corn snakes over? i can't find anything on any web sites to help me with that one.
    No, I'm afraid they can't go. NZ is allegedly snake-free, something that I, personally, am very pleased about . With smaller animals it tends to only be cats and dogs that are allowed in. Horses can go as well. NZ is very restrictive about what it allows in through its borders .

A little word of advice. Don't become too fixed in your mind about where you want to settle, although this is very tempting and you're bound to have had a look around. In the end, unless you already have a job offer in the bag and know where you're heading, where you actually settle will be down to where the job is. Once things have got under way and you have lived and worked somewhere for a while, you could always look around for a job nearer your ideal location. (By 'you', I mean you as a couple).

Could you please enlarge on the Kamo location a bit, so everyone knows which area it's in? Numpties like me are still finding their way around the NZ maps. If you give the name of a larger town or area near Kamo, you never know, someone might live in the area, but may not have taken much notice of a small town or village, although they've could have driven through it several times without knowing.

If you want to plough through some more NZ/immigration stuff, you could take a look at our NZ Website List if you haven't already seen it. It's still a bit raggedy at the moment in places, as I'm working my way through tidying it up. When we changed to a new forum with a different format, everything got scrambled up and I'm trying to sort it out, bit by bit.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thankyou mother bear,
    You mean i will have to leave poor ziggy and ani behind! Im sure i will be able to find a safe good home for them,
    Anyway Kamo is 5 mins drive from Whangarei, along side the three mile bush road, its a small town which holds a lot of history, Along with the surrounding area, Hope that helps a little, i go a tad cross eyed looking at different web pages all day

Duke is offline Senior Member

SNAKES !!!!! in New Zealand, yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    SNAKES !!!!! in New Zealand, yikes...

Hey Duke, they are cute, even my four year old loves to handle them, they are not that big, only tiddlers!!

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skuttle7 View Post
    Hey Duke, they are cute, even my four year old loves to handle them, they are not that big, only tiddlers!!
    Piccies please!!
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

Default ziggy and ani, the little slitherers!

Do i take it you would like to see a pickie of the cute pair?
    i will take some tomorrow and post them right here for you to see, i promiss you will like them,