Thread: technician job/permit

mughal is offline Junior Member

Default technician job/permit

Hey guys this is mughal here.I am interested to work in NZ as a mechanical technician/assistant engineer. I have a diploma in Mechanical engineering and three years working experience two years in Pakistan and one year in Malaysia.I received my diploma education in NZ.
    I am from Pakistan stationed in Malaysia.

any help will be appreciated greatly.

mughal

c'mon guys reply?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mughal View Post
    c'mon guys reply?
    I would point out that it is the weekend for most of our members and also the summer holidays for many people so I guess a lot of people are trying to relax and take time off from work and the forum, so it is rather slow on here at the moment. Personally, I have been repeatedly delayed in replying to you because a link I was trying to give you keeps denying me access and causes problems with the rest of the forum, so I've had to shut down and restart several times.

As I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, I'll start from the beginning. Have you read through the INZ website yet? It is where we all come for information about immigrating to NZ. You could also read through this previous thread which tells you about how things work and gives another link to a thread about the points system that INZ use to determine whether you can apply for residency.

If you read through this and have some questions, please come back and ask.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

actually i confused, what should i do first apply for Immigration/PR? (is there any difference between immigration and PR), apply for job and get work permit? (is it easy to get job in mechanical Engg field?)

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

In addition to mother bear's comment it is the middle of the night in New Zeland now. Most people are sleeping here. Only the vampires are up.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

And I've just returned home from a 300km trip through the desert and it's now bedtime so I'll attempt to answer you in the morning Mughal - if you can wait that long, of course. Only joking .

Meanwhile, you could look on the Long Term Skill Shortage List and Immediate Skill Shortage List to see if your job title appears on there. If it appears on the LTSSL you can apply for permanent residency (PR), if it appears on the ISSL you can only apply for a Work Permit. There are other ways to get in but that will, hopefully, give you something to think about.

By the way, 'immigration' is when someone leaves one country to go to live in another one, therefore, it can relate to applying for any one of a number of visas that will allow this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    In addition to mother bear's comment it is the middle of the night in New Zeland now. Most people are sleeping here. Only the vampires are up.
    Cliff, are you really a vampire? I don't think we've had one of those on the forum before. That would be a first for MTNZ.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

If i go there on visit visa and find a job and any employer hires me.can i change my visit visa into work permit...

Regards..
    MM