Thread: Permitted into N.Z

crystal is offline Junior Member

Default Permitted into N.Z

Hello everyone, I have a question to put out there, I am a n.z citizen and my husband is Canadian, I live in Canada at the moment.
    We are about to submit our papers to go back to live in N.Z. My question is for some unknown reason if we/he gets turned down to go over, is it still possible to both go over and visit with my children and grandchildren.
    Or does it mean if we get refused he could never go over with me for a visit.

just thinking ahead thats all.

crystal.

kiwisue is offline Member

Hi Crystal:

I am a New Zealand citizen and my husband is a US citizen. We plan to return to New Zealand to live this year (September). My husband has applied for Permanent Residency under the Partnership Category. This is the route you will need to go for your husband.
    You shouldn't have any problems as long as his Medical results are ok and his Police check is ok. Also you have to have heaps of proof your relationship is a genuine relationship.

Good luck.

Suzanne.
    ~Suzanne~

This Kiwi is home at last.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    My question is for some unknown reason if we/he gets turned down to go over, is it still possible to both go over and visit with my children and grandchildren.
    Or does it mean if we get refused he could never go over with me for a visit.
    Hi Crystal,

He would be OK to visit NZ. There shouldn't be any problem with that. It's only if he had done something pretty bad that he'd be refused entry.

Let's hope it won't come to that though and the application will sail through.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.