Thread: Interviews????

gigi is offline Junior Member

Question Interviews????

Hi everyone,

just a wee question, reading through different posts, it seems that alot of you talk about attending your final interview near the end of your application?? Is everyone subject to this?? I am applying for residency under partnership policy, everything submitted and just waiting!!! no one mentioned to me about an interview?? Been reading through the immigration New Zealand website but always struggle to find the answers im looking for .Also a wee bit annoyed that my immigration officer is not replying to my voicemails and emails?? ( ok 2 voicemails, 3 emails in space of 5 days) am i being impatient???

thanks
    Gill Dundee Scotland, trying to get to Bay of Plenty NZ

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I can't say for sure that you wouldn't have to undergo an interview as I can't see it mentioned anywhere for the Partnership Category. The purpose of the interview is to determine whether you have thought through the immigration process properly and have a good idea of how your first weeks will pan out. People who have a job offer and over 140 points don't have to have an interview so it may be that having a partner in NZ will exclude the necessity for you although they do mention in the link below that you will be allocated a case officer. INZ might have the impression that having a kiwi partner would ease your way, so there would be no need for them to probe more closely. We have a few members who are going/have gone through this category so, hopefully, they will confirm or deny this.

For applications under the Partnership Category who go through the London Branch.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Ginabridget is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

My hubby has gone via the partnership route and he didn't need to have an interview, the only person he saw through the whole process was the Dr at the medicals.

HTH
    Gina
    26 January 2008 - House under offer, we're getting closer
    Feb 08 - our sale has fallen through
    19 March 08 - accepted another offer on the house
    Booked tickets, will arrive in NZ 4 July 2008
    Currently enjoying the 'weather bomb' in Northland July 08
    Anticipating a move to Auckland in the next few weeks - November 08