Thread: Prospects for Software Testers

maxius42 is offline Member

Question Prospects for Software Testers

Hi

I think you can easily figure it out... I am a Software Tester with just 2 years of experience and hope to get an international certification soon that is ISTQB Certified Tester.

I've been on SEEK IT for quite a while now and there is a heap of jobs every now and then where I might fit in... I wish to strengthen my career in Software Business there at NZ. Would love to hear from you guys about career prospects for Software Testers there at NZ.

Keep Cool
    Max

Caz
    Caz is offline Member

(Caz's hubby here)

Hi there, i also work in IT but the other side of the coin, tech support. I found that places like Wellington and Christchurch were a wash with systems testers, and programmers, if thats you biscuit

I contacted Fujitsu, Telecom, TradeMe Jobs and some recruitment agencies, all from The Wellies
    Register your details and expertise and i think they get nosey and have a look :P. Its an IT forum set up by the good IT folk of NZ. They have a large database of recruitment links and company websites & profiles that i found extremely useful.

My response from the above employers was frightening, and most asked if i was visiting soon, and would i be available. I must admit, i sh!t bricks and built a house for the homeless I had never recieved such a good response before, and wish i could go now!! hee hee

I hope you get on ok, and i'll stop hi-jacking my wifes profile lol
    Life is a Game - Great when you're winning - Crap when you're losing!

maxius42 is offline Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    (Caz's hubby here)

Hi there, i also work in IT but the other side of the coin, tech support. I found that places like Wellington and Christchurch were a wash with systems testers, and programmers, if thats you biscuit

I contacted Fujitsu, Telecom, TradeMe Jobs and some recruitment agencies, all from The Wellies
    Register your details and expertise and i think they get nosey and have a look :P. Its an IT forum set up by the good IT folk of NZ. They have a large database of recruitment links and company websites & profiles that i found extremely useful.

My response from the above employers was frightening, and most asked if i was visiting soon, and would i be available. I must admit, i sh!t bricks and built a house for the homeless I had never recieved such a good response before, and wish i could go now!! hee hee

I hope you get on ok, and i'll stop hi-jacking my wifes profile lol
    Thanks (Caz Hubby),
    That gave some relief, I am also of the thought to be in NZ first even on visit and then look for some cool places to work... I am thinking of Wellington myself... I don't know why I get this feeling... "If I'll apply for PR with my 110 points I'll be accepted"... I think I am feeling way too lucky these days...

Keep Cool
    Max