Thread: Which IELTS?

maxius42 is offline Member

Exclamation Which IELTS?

Hi

Yesterday, I went to an English Language Proficiency Center for registration to an IELTS course. I am pretty good with English language but it is my secondary anyhow...

Well, the info desk persons asked me which IELTS you wish to do? I thought its an international test but we can scoop up in British Council or Australian version... Got details on ielts.org.

I am going after Australian version of IELTS, as NZ is in the same region around. Can anyone please suggest...

Keep Cool...
    Max

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I didn't realise there was more than one. I thought you just had to prove you have an acceptable level of the English language, not Australian .

I would have thought either one would be OK, but I think I'd have gone for the English one, as that is what is asked for.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Maritoni is offline Junior Member

Wink ielts

Hello,

I just started browsing through the messages here last weekend and have never stopped (at least not a day pass by without me checking on updates on the forum). I actually registered just last Mon. Looking at the date of your message, maybe you already have taken the IELTS so I don't know if you still need info on this but maybe I could share a bit or two about it.

I actually took my first IELTS exam, Academic version in 2005 as a requirement for a scholarship program in Australia. Since this is only good for two years, I took another one last year in preparation for my migration plans. This time I took the General Training version as this is the one required for applications such as the SMC.

So if you are applying for residence, then I suppose you have to take the General Training version.

Good luck.

Maritoni

maxius42 is offline Member

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maritoni View Post
    Hello,

I just started browsing through the messages here last weekend and have never stopped (at least not a day pass by without me checking on updates on the forum). I actually registered just last Mon. Looking at the date of your message, maybe you already have taken the IELTS so I don't know if you still need info on this but maybe I could share a bit or two about it.

I actually took my first IELTS exam, Academic version in 2005 as a requirement for a scholarship program in Australia. Since this is only good for two years, I took another one last year in preparation for my migration plans. This time I took the General Training version as this is the one required for applications such as the SMC.

So if you are applying for residence, then I suppose you have to take the General Training version.

Good luck.

Maritoni
    Many thanks Maritoni,
    I've not taken IELTS as yet, but i was myself going after General Training...

Keep Cool
    Max
    Last edited by maxius42; 12-06-2008 at 06:39 PM.