Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passports back

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Passports back

I posted recently about my passports been sent to Palmy North due to backlog in Chch.
    I needed them back for Colins ird number,and my removal firm at this end.
    Got them back today.That guy in immigration in Palmy North is a wee star
    Thats me got my work permit too,dated until jan2010 and the kids student visas.
    Daughters face hit the deck though when she realised she cant go back to Scotland until 2010,so holiday plans for next year are off(she just wants to visit boyfriend,thats all)
    But hey,im well chuffed.
    Got to find a job now,but havent worked since i left school,and even then it was only for couple months.
    I did work in a chippy for about a month though lol
    Good fun filling out a cv in my case eh
    So off to inland revenue and moving company today
    Meadow

Landed in New Zealand 29th jan 2008
    Colin got job offer 21st feb
    Work Permit applied for 3rd march
    Colins work permit received friday 2nd may 2008
    Dated till jan 2010
    My work permit applied for 7th may 2008
    My work permit received 27th may 2008
    Dated till jan 2010

Arrived back in Scotland 21st July 2009

kiaora!! is offline Senior Member

that s awesome :)
    congratulations on your visa woohooooo
    good luck with your job search
    WHV submitted 20/11/07 approved 15/01/08
    arrived in Auckland 23/03/08
    Work permit under partnership submitted 21/05/08 APPROVED 29/05/08
    Work permit extension under partnership submitted 06/03/09 APPROVED 23/03/09 Expires 23/03/10
    Residence permit under partnership submitted 06/03/09
    Immigration Officer assigned 30/04/09
    Residence Permit APPROVED 29/06/09
    Our Baby Boy is due 01/04/10 "whoopwhoop"

Caz
    Caz is offline Member

Hey,

thats great news!

I am sure you will find somethin soon, I am sure the chippie experience will help with something. I think everyone in glasgow has worked in a chippie at one point or another lol I really hated that vinegar smell you used to come home with every night!!! You could probably get something easy in an office!! But good luck anyway, let us know how it goes

Your daughter will have to rely on skype then haha At least my 2 are not at that age yet!!! I am dreading it... 2 teenage girls!!!

Anyway, i'm off to bed!

Caz xxx
    Life is a Game - Great when you're winning - Crap when you're losing!

Blog Entries

Thanks Kiaora,at least now we can get that tax sorted out,as they took of his first wage on last weeks pay too.
    No wonder it was a shocker as its going at 49%
    So into i.revenue today when Colin gets home,hes leaving work early
    Thanks, and goodnight Caz
    Yip the chippy smell was awful.Though kids loved the free suppers i brought home at finish.My mum would let them stay up late to get them
    my dad would smack his lips too, lol
    I couldnt do office work,i only learnt how to work a computer when i started looking into moving to N.Z(about year and half ago)
    And it was only to set up myspace ,forums etc
    ive only recently learnt how to use 2 hands lol
    but i do see a lot of caring jobs going and no experience needed,so might apply along them lines.
    im sure i will dig up something
    Meadow

Dated till jan 2010
    Dated till jan 2010

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    Thats me got my work permit too,dated until jan2010 and the kids student visas.
    Daughters face hit the deck though when she realised she cant go back to Scotland until 2010,so holiday plans for next year are off(she just wants to visit boyfriend,thats all)
    Why can't she go back until 2010? With a WP you can still leave NZ and return again (or should I not be saying that? ). I saw something yesterday that explained about making trips out of NZ on a WP but, of course, I can't find it again today. Does it say anything on your WPs about leaving NZ?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Hi M.Bear
    aye it says on them that if we leave the country we lose the permit.
    I wasnt that bothered about going back anyway,well not for couple yrs anyway.
    Easy for me as my parents and son are coming at xmas.Even talking about coming over the following one already lol
    Not so good for Colin though as his dads 80 and wont get over,so means we wont see him for couple yrs
    But for my daughter in a way its good thing,that way she will get on with life here and hopefully get over the b/f(whos coming in 3 weeks time)
    Told her she will have to got school now as college she fancies hasnt got a place until feb.
    This caused her to
    I feel rotten,but she has to get on with things now,and make some pals,instead of always on puter to folks back in Scotland
    Meadow

Dated till jan 2010
    Dated till jan 2010

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I'm positive I've heard of people travelling outside NZ on a WP. Perhaps it's the type of WP you have. There is such a thing as a multi-entry WP which allows you to go in and out. It would be a bit unrealistic of INZ to think that someone with, say, a 3-year WP might not, at some point, need to leave NZ.

If you have PR and want to travel out of NZ, your PR is cancelled but you have a Returning Resident's Visa in your passport that allows you to come back in and have your PR re-instated.

It's annoying that I can't find that item I spotted yesterday where it said about travelling out of NZ and returning on a WP. I'm in and out of so many site they all become a blur in the end .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Maritoni is offline Junior Member

Hello,

Congratulations on your WP!

Here's my comment on your Q about leaving NZ for a visit back home. I was just reviewing the application to work in New Zealand form which I printed out yesterday. It says here that this form may be used to apply for a visa or permit or both. But you already have a work permit! To continue, the form has several conditions and you need to tick one which applies to you. I think this might be the one for you should you want to leave NZ while your WP is current:

"I am applying for a work visa. Mark this box if you want to travel to New Zealand to work or if you already have a work permit and want to leave New Zealand and return to continue working."

The downside might be that you need to give time for them to process it before your planned trip and pay another set of fees. But I might be wrong there. Maybe I still need to read more on the Guide for Working in New Zealand which I will do this weekend. Should I stumble on something, I'll share it with you.

I guess its really hard to live with teenage kids. I also have 3 boys and the eldest seems to be not enthusiastic about moving elsewhere... might be because of the girlfriend.

Anyway, am still gathering a lot on info and trying my luck in getting an offer first before I submit my application.

Blog Entries

Hi there Maritoni ,and good luck with your application.
    I explained to my parents,what happened with the work permit,and they said they are hoping to get over the following year too.
    Which is amazing,as when i first told my mum i was planning on moving to N.Z she kept saying "well you wont be seeing me,as no way am i going on a plane"
    So they are coming later this year,spending xmas,and already planning the following years trip
    We had hoped to go back mainly to see Colins dad though as hes too old to travel.
    It was one of them things we sort of expected might happen,and Colins dad totally understands.
    We bought him a webcam before we left,so have to just maybe do that until we get back for a visit.
    Yip its my teen daughter who got the most with the idea,as she was hoping to get back to see the b/f and her pals.
    But she is going to see a school on tuesday,and the b/f is coming in a couple weeks,so she will be starting school as soon as he goes back.
    Im hoping then she will make pals and a life for herself here.
    She wont get talking to them on puter,as much when shes at school as with the time difference.
    My eldest stayed behind in Scotland mainly because of a girlfriend,and she chucked him about a week after we left
    He is coming over later in year too,so hopefully he will make the move to stay.
    My 7yrold took to NZ straight away,but it is harder with teens,i know i would have been demented when i was her age,if my folks moved me to other side of the world.
    You just have to let them get the tears out and try and be understanding,and encouraging.Even bribing.
    We now have a dog and a rabbit.
    But its kept her happy and busy for a while.
    Expecting the tears again soon though when the b/f goes back
    But anyway Maritoni,as i said good luck and appreciate your looking info up,anything you do find,its good to post as it could come in useful.
    Meadow

Dated till jan 2010
    Dated till jan 2010

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Congrats on getting your permit

To travel out of the country on a Work Permit, all you need is a muliple entry Work Visa to go with it, and you're sorted. You always lose the permit when you leave a country, but with a multiple entry visa they grant you a new one when you get back. Residency is exactly the same, your permit expires when you leave and you get granted a new one on your return.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast