Thread: Getting that job...

cheeky kea is offline Junior Member

Default Getting that job...

Hi guys,
    Hurray - we got our ITA letter today (only 2 months after EOI selected - so was a pleasant surprise)! I guess we had better start doing something about finding a job - uggh.
    My hubby is in electronics (hardware design). Can anyone suggest any good recruiters or companies? Have people had exp of companies doing phone/video interviews?!
    Does anyone have experience of finding nature conservation jobs as it's quite a difficult sector to get into (certainly in UK)?
    Is it true that lots of job offers come from recommendations from contacts in NZ? We are hoping to get job offers before we move and are flexible where we go (but guess our first choice would be near Christchurch).

Maybe we'll get there by Sept (fingers crossed).
    Really enjoying coming back to this site after a bit of an absence.

Cheeky Kea
    ------------------------------
    EOI submitted 13/02/08
    EOI selected 14/02/08
    ITA received 10/04/08

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Welcome back CK. Good to 'see' you on here again.

You could take a look at the NZ Website List under Employment to find a few job agents but I'm sure there are many more kicking about. An alternative is to look through the NZ Yellow Pages to find likely potential employers. If they have email addresses or phone numbers, you could contact them to see if they are looking for staff.

It would never hurt to have contacts in NZ to help with the job search, but I'm sure most folks wouldn't have such a luxury and still manage to find jobs on their own. Congratulations on receiving your ITA letter. A step in the right direction.

Here's a link to the NZ Dept. of Conservation which might give you a lead to finding conservation work.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.