Thread: Medicals Problem

DizzyF is offline Member

Default Medicals Problem

I got my medical results today and the doctor has marked it as abnormal finding as I have an old pre-existing condition (curved spine). I had surgery on this 26 years ago and no problems since but am now worried I may get refused entry. Does anyone have any experience of this? Pleae help! ( I am being sponsored by my husband who is a New Zealander.)

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

I would think that if the condition is stable and requires no ongoing treatment or medication, and isnt likely to return any time soon, then you wouldnt have a problem. Usually people only fail on medical grounds if their conditions are likely to cause health problems now or in the future which are deemed too expensive to maintain compared to the benefit of allowing the person entry!

Hope that helps
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

gigi is offline Junior Member

Hi there,

I went through a similar stage of panic recently, i was also defined as " abormal" , Im sorry i dont know about your condition, but i have an ankle injury from a R.T.A a few years back which causes me to limp, i thought this was the abnornality, but they didnt even ask about that, it was actually the fact I had a BMI higher than normal, i was given a month to reduce it and did, so passed the medical fine. But i know the sinking feeling you get when you see the "abnormal "box ticked, so dont worry too much until you hear from the immigration officer, it might be " all good". I am also being sponsored by my kiwi partner !!

Gill Dundee Scotland

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

to MoveToNZ, DizzyF.

Reading through this old thread might answer some of your concerns as there are extracts from the INZ Operations Manual setting out what conditions are a problem.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

DizzyF is offline Member

Default Thanks! Medical concerns.

I have read through all the info sent and feel a bit more hopeful now! My situation has been stable and does not/will not require any further treatment so I will get my GP to add this in a letter and hope this all works out. Will keep you posted...just have the long wait now.....

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Good Luck, Dizzy! but as others have said, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm a Kiwi & have sponsored my OH, too, so if I can be of any help, just shout!

KG
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

alan&moyra is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeweegal View Post
    Good Luck, Dizzy! but as others have said, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm a Kiwi & have sponsored my OH, too, so if I can be of any help, just shout!

KG
    Yep I agree im sure you will be totally fine good luck
    EOI Submitted 10/04/2007
    EOI Selected 21/04/2007
    ITA Received 20/07/2007
    ITA Sent Lodged 31/08/2007
    Medicals booked 01/08/2007
    Flights booked 22/10/2007
    Visa granted 17/10/2007
    Arrived in NZ 27/10/2007