Thread: Ok....so 1 Last thing to do!

cook00 is offline Junior Member

Default Ok....so 1 Last thing to do!

Hey there everyone

I have been chcking this site out for the last few months now (fantasic for info and advice)....i have even posted a question which was expertly answered (thank you)! We are now at THAT point....the stage of filling in the forms and taking the trip to the immigration office!
    I have so many questions but i dont want to bore you with them all ! Pleeease could you help me with the below (for now):

1) I have just had my medical done, do i need to wait for a medical cert or can i just take the completed form to the immigration office?

2) What exactly does the covering letter need to say? My Fiance is a kiwi (also my sponsor) and we are applying for PR under the partnership policy am i right in thinking i dont need an ITA?

3) Do i have to make an appointment to see someone at NZ immigration or can i just turn up there SUITCASE and all unannounced?

My better half is just as confuzzled as me to what info we need and what to do so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone (in advance)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Cook, hope this answers your questions. If not just holler and we'll look into it further.

Quote Originally Posted by cook00 View Post
    1) I have just had my medical done, do i need to wait for a medical cert or can i just take the completed form to the immigration office? I think some people have submitted their ITAs without certain documents and forwarded them on afterwards, but I suspect it might hold up your application anyway, so it may be best to hold on and submit everything together, especially as your medical results shouldn't be too long arriving.

2) What exactly does the covering letter need to say? My Fiance is a kiwi (also my sponsor) and we are applying for PR under the partnership policy am i right in thinking i dont need an ITA? For suggested content for the covering letter I would refer you to this previous post . These are the steps to apply under the Partnership Policy.

3) Do i have to make an appointment to see someone at NZ immigration or can i just turn up there SUITCASE and all unannounced? I don't know if they have a facility for arranging actual appointments, but I have heard of people just turning up there although having to risk facing queues if it's very busy.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Ok....so 1 Last thing to do!

Hey MB

Thank you for all the info, after looking at the INZ web site for so long i feel like i've gone cross eyed!!

Its getting very close now and im getting more and more nervous about the application (making sure the i's are dotted and stuff)

Thanks again for your help and advice, i'll keep you posted on how things are going!

A very nervous Becky

gigi is offline Junior Member

Default hi Becky

I' m Gill

I am going through the same thing at the moment, my boyfriend is a kiwi and i am applying though the partnership policy, stressful stuff huh, i thought id be all settled in Nz with my boyfriend by now but had to jump a few hurdles, I am "hopefully in the last stages of my application" so give me a shout if you wanna compare notes.

Gill

Default hey....

Hey Gill

Thanks for the reply

Its always good to find someone in the same situation and if your notes are the same as mine we could be here for hours!
    Have you handed in your application yet? How long do you reccon you have? We are taking a trip to the immigration office next week....!

Let me know how you are getting on.....

Becky