Thread: Good God!!

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Good God!!

Is it just meesie, or is it right flippin boring on ere at the momentio?? Come on spanners, spice up y life! We need somat tasty to talk about. Lou and BJ are gonna be out of it, Orangubeth is gonna be out of it, KH-eroonie is an educated man and needs flavour to keep him logged on, Koko is fed up of non-interesting posts so he's gone walk about or run-cycle-kayak about knowing him, I know this to be true coz WG told me

Maybe I'm just not looking but COME ON YOUTH GERRAMONGSTIT!!!!

Taff, a radio show is becoming more and more necessarary to re-ignite the passion of the masses

(Yes MB I spelled it like that deliberately )
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I think you're right Dawnsie, time to warm up the transmitter again

We could run a competition too - first person to understand Dawns post wins a prize! The prize could be a Dawnglish Dictionary or something equaly as valuable.

TBH I'm getting a bit lost with whos where and doing what, cos people are flying around all over. Time for a new thread I think......
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Is it just meesie, or is it right flippin boring on ere at the momentio??
    No, it's not just you, Dawn. I said something very similar a short while ago only the word I used was 'quiet' and WG slammed me down.....well....put me down gently , implying I was imagining it.

We do gets these lulls from time to time but usually we're all of a buzz when we've got a few peeps preparing to fly off to their new lives. The buzzzzz has been more of a bu... this time though. There were a couple of members who were going to make the move this year but have gone very quiet, Shell being one. Anyone know how she's doing and if she's still going? She hasn't looked in on us since November so it doesn't look too hopeful. And Welwyn Rose? We've hardly heard from her since the last radio show.

Games - we haven't had a game on the go for a while. Must dream up one as a good one brings everyone together in one place. The radio show will no doubt bring some life back to the forum although, personally, I can't see me being able to tune in . My net connection is putting on a splendid show just at the moment and has kindly allowed me to do some posting without tearing the remnants of my hair out, but it won't last. If it's been taking me 3-5 mins. to change pages you can imagine I'm not going to get much sense out of listening to the show. I'm devastated although I will give it a go.

We could do with either the return of some of the old personalities or have some new ones join us and get things moving again. Yet quite a few of us are busy behind the scenes on Facebook, Scrabulous and Scramble and various other activities we're partaking in together. It may look like a boring old forum, but it's all happening behind the scenes folks.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Maybe we should have that M2NZ FaceSpace-type thingy that Taffy mentioned a while back. Ever since I joined Facebook, I've had less time to come visit here. Ever so many very important games to play and people to check up on.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Curse that facebook and all its seductive games!

Don't worry Selchie, MTNZ is starting its next phase of evolution! Maybe not to the facebook extreme, but there'll be some good new stuff
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

What could it be?? Perhaps our very own M2NZ games room - that would be fab
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Hey Dawn, I'm still here! I've been popping in here and there, but we've had loads of visitors and I've gone and got myself on a college course so haven't been able to spend hours online like what I normally do :)

Have only been kayaking three times since the big 'un. Twice on the sea (which made me feel sick) and once on my favourite river, where I had to carry my boat 'cos most of the water has disappeared. Been on my bike quite a few times while the weather is still good. And I'm doing Le Race from Chch to Akaroa next weekend if anyone wants to give me a lift back to town on Saturday 29th March...... (Mrs K has gone on strike )

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Don't worry Selchie, MTNZ is starting its next phase of evolution! Maybe not to the facebook extreme, but there'll be some good new stuff
    Yay - new stuff!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

loopylu is offline Member

Default I;m (kind of) still here too...

I know a wee while ago I posted and said that now I was in NZ that I would be able to come back on here again a bit more freqently... but somehow it hasn't been as easy as I thought...!!!

Anyways I have done all my 'travelly' bit now and just signed up a 6-month lease on a wee place in Queenstown and move in later on this week (yey)... so once we've got the internet installed and sorted then I'll hopefully be back on in time to catch the new radio shows and whatever else at least until the snow arrives and I'll be spending all my time playing on the mountains at least anyways (please let there be lots of snow this year) Any suggestions of what's a good internet provider to use (maybe I'll go do a wee search on the forum while I think of it)...???
    Arrived in New Zealand on WHV on 5th Feb '08.

Facebook ID: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=704762406

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Lucy, welcome back. Good to know you're still around and are about to settle down south.

There have been a few threads about broadband on here. Perhaps do a search under 'broadband' to bring them up or, even better, perhaps a few members could bring us up to date with how things are currently. I know there's been a few rumblings in the media about the subject in the recent past.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.