Thread: What're my chances?

dan-ish is offline Junior Member

Default What're my chances?

Hello people!

I am Dan. I've been to NZ on a crazy Working Holiday Visa years ago. It was awesome! I kind of want to go back, and am now in the fortunate position of being a qualified primary school teacher (finally).

Do any of you clever people on here have any idea what my best bet is? I was thinking about a year of teaching in NZ to start with, but how would that work with Visas? I know male primary teachers are in demand - particularly in Auckland, but am not sure where to start.

I look forward to any advice you have - I'm sure Taffy has something useful to say . . .

Cheers,

Dan

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Well well well, a blast from the past

Welcome back to the fold dan-ish, good to have you back

I've no doubt that you would be very much in demand as a primary school teacher but you're quite right, Taffy's the useful one around here He'll be putting his two pennies worth in soon I'm sure, but I just wanted to welcome you back to the forum for now

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Dan. Good to see you back here again.

To be able to teach in NZ you need to be registered with the Teachers Council . I have it in mind that you need to have been teaching for 2 years before you're accepted for registration. Perhaps if you do a search for the term 'teacher' it might bring up some previous posts of interest.

Making your decision to teach in NZ
    Steps to complete before getting to NZ.

I posted this news article about extra training for new teachers a short while ago.

Take a look on our website list under Education related sites. There may be some useful links on there for you to browse through. Another thread from here which may be relevant.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

dan-ish is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks!

Hey y'all,

Thanks for the replies - and the welcome back. I will have a look at some of those links you suggested and see where I should go from here. I will have had two years experience quite soon, so that isn't a problem :o)

Got to get back to marking the Science tests...

Dan

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I never have anything interesting to say any more Mr Ish, MB is the captain of the ship, I just keep things trucking in the background, and chip in when there's an insult to be dished out
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.