Thread: Pulsarblu is back -- again.....

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Pulsarblu is back -- again.....

Hello Everyone!

How is everyone?

I wish to let everyone know we are still in Windy Welly, have moved to Thorndon near the botanical gardens. Great location as I can walk to work and all amenities are nearby.

Also another good news is we have a little one coming in End Aug! Very exciting time for us, we got a mid wife and still trying to get into the pace of pregancy. Also my parents are coming this weekend for one month, this will be their first trip here and almost 2 years since I saw them. It will be a great reunion for sure.

Not sure are we trying to come together sometime, like longtime members on the forum meetup somewhere and have some food, chat and activities...? Maybe logistically a nightmare...

Oh well, still really nice to post a message after a long time.

Cheers
    Alex

Brightside is offline Junior Member

Hi Alex, another Alex (Alexandra) here!

My family and I are moving to Welly in June this year - very excited about it, despite the wind, rain, earthquakes etc..
    As someone who lives in the area - could you recommend any place furnished / hotel / motel / whatever, to stay in while we look for unfurnished acommodation and wait for our container to arrive?
    My husband is going to be working in Lower Hutt but so far I've no idea where we'll actually live - have to find good schools etc
    Congrats on your NZ born August arrival!

Love
    Alex xx

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hey Alex, great to hear from you again

And wow, a mini Pulsarblu on the way, how exciting We're really happy for you

Great news about your parents arriving soon too - what an exciting time you have coming up!

Glad to have you back again anyway, stick around and enjoy the fun

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

on your forthcoming happy event, Alex. It's a pity in some ways that your parents won't be in NZ to see their new grandchild but I guess, with the Internet, it's easy to keep in touch and send photos. And Singapore isn't so far away that they won't visit again. Hope all goes well with the visit and then the birth in August.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Hi Alex, there are many rentals in Wellington that comes fully furnished and I am sure there are plenty in Lower Hutt. Have a look at trademe if you haven't and shortlist the search for Fully furnished. Otherwise, there are many serviced apartments in Wellington city but that may be out of the way for your hubby and can be expensive too.

Is your hubby going to work in central lower hutt? Like in the town centre? I have spoken to some of my mates here and they reckon that as with many cities, there are good and not so good areas. I was recommended to Avalon and Woburn. But there are many suburbs in Lower Hutt, so have a look around and talk to people to see what they think. I would prefer to stay near where there are amentities like super market, public transportation (bus and train) and near the motorway (but not too near as it can get noisy).

Ask any questions you have about Lower Hutt and I will hunt down the answers for you.

P.S. Lower Hutt also have the best (awarded) Fish and Chips in Wellington..

Pulsarblu...

Oh and also best Kiwi Pies in Wellington in my own opinion!

Brightside is offline Junior Member

Thanks Pulsar!

I'm very happy to hear about the fish 'n chips

Stefan will be working in Gracefield, Lower Hutt.
    I was actually thinking of living somewhere a bit more semi-rural and out of town like Whitby or Plimmertom, Porirua city... Somewhere like that.. Are those places too far away? Otherwise perhaps Belmont hills near the Raphael House (Waldorf school) if we decide to put the kids in there..
    Its just the first month that we will need furnished accommodation. Yes, trademe is great - just really difficult to try and get something so far ahead. (88 days days until we leave.)
    So, yes, at this stage I'm just collecting information about the better areas to live in.
    Thanks so much for your help.

Love
    Alex

rasin is offline Member

Default Hello...

hi Pulsarblu,
    We're from Singapore and I read that you're from Singapore too! :)
    Some self-introduction....
    My hubby just started working in Wellington surburb a couple of weeks and still settling down (moving house, chking out cars etc.). I've followed him to Wellington to check out things there and now back in Singapore. Will skip the autumn and winter probably going there again in Spring and this time with my 2 little ones (+ other relatives if any going).. Will consider to move there if i could eventually manage the 2 little ones by myself :P
    Anyway pls keep those useful advise comming and who knows, our family may bump into each other in Wellington! hehe...

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Glad to see you haven't forgotten us completely, Alex. Settling in and having babies to boot! Congratulations on the impending bundle of wiggles
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s