Thread: Hi Everyone

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default Hi Everyone

Hi peeps, I am sorry I haven't been on for awhile but life has been hectic. Mum came over at Christmas for about 3 weeks and a colleague I worked with in UK paid a flying visit last week.

To bring you upto date I am living and working in Whakatane. I am a midwife at the hospital but have now branched out on my own. Basically am working independently as a midwife. A lot of people will be unaware of the system here but you can have your own midwife all the way through pregnancy, birth and after the birth. Very unique system here in NZ. Something else to get used to.

I have moved, yet again. I was in Ohope which is beautiful and near the beach. Because I have a 14 year old there was no social life so moved into town. Near work and school and shops etc.

Have been to a few places since being here. Auckland, briefly. Wellington, windy, Rotorua, smelly, Tauranga, busy but nice Taupo which was very cold. Matamata which was nice and I went to Christchurch, twice which I do like but it's colder than were I live, Bay of Plenty. It is always sunny here except for the last few weeeks because it has been raining.

My daughter is settling in very well and has lots of friends and a very good social life. She has tried surfing and body boarding for the first time this summer. Not something you see much of in sunny old Bolton where I originated from.

All in all I am happy here, have been here since last April so nearly a year. Have no plans to go back to the UK. I would say this is my home now.

Sorry I stayed away for so long and will try not to again.

Vee

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Good to hear from you Vee and glad things have settled down for you now and you're feeling at home.

Sounds as though you have been keeping busy and congrats on your (almost) 1st year anniversary in NZ.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Veeeeeeee!! Welcome back

So good to hear things are finally working out for you. You certainly sound more settled and happier than in your last post. If you've made 3 house moves, perhaps it's a case of 3rd time lucky. Great news that your daughter is happy, too. That's a big hurdle out of the way.

Look forward to seeing you around here again.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default Good morning

Thanks for the replyes girls. I am at home on my day off and Georgia is suffering from yet another sore throat, think it is glandular fever, it is very expensive having to keep going to the GPs.

I think this is my 5th move actually although I did have a couple of motel stays when I first got here. It is hard settling in and it is very hard being a single parent.

Anyway I will try to sign in more and keep you upto date.

Vee

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hey Vee!!
    Good to hear from you babe
    Sooooo pleased it's all coming alrighty righty for you hun.
    Keep smiling
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land