Thread: Hellow! Kia Ora! Privet:-)

NewOlga is offline Junior Member

Default Hellow! Kia Ora! Privet:-)

Hello everybody! We need your help and would be really happy to get any info that would show us a direction to proceed.

My partner and I live in Moscow, Russia, and are looking for opportunities to move to NZ to improve the quality of our life and grow children in healthy environment among friendly people. February 13 I submitted EOI, got 105 points but received no answer so far. I?m 29 years old (principal applicant), have recognized qualification, work experience (I?ve been working in translation and localization for 7 years), my IELTS overall band score is 8.

I have no job offer and my skill is neither on the Immediate Skill nor on the Long Term Skill Shortage Lists, but does it automatically mean that we have no chance? I hope no, as we?re full of energy and are sure that there should be opportunities for us! What we need now is to understand which direction to try next.

Many thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!

Cheers,
    Olga and Michael

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Olga and Michael and welcome to MoveToNZ.

If you have already submitted your EOI but haven't heard anything, I think you will find it can take quite a long time for them to contact you. The more points you have, they usually contact you a lot quicker. If you can't get into NZ under the Skilled Migrant Category, you could try under the Work to Residence category, which can be useful for those who don't have skills mentioned on the LTSSL. This would mean that you would need to get a job offer from an Accredited Employer . Here is a quick check for Work from Residence .

It is difficult for people to stay in NZ permanently if they don't have the skills the country needs so it is tricky trying to find a way in. I hope you can find something in here that applies to you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

NewOlga is offline Junior Member

Thank you, Mother Bear:)

We'll use each and every chance!

Take care