Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from Oz

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Back from Oz

Hi All!

Well that's us back after 4 month of travelling around the South Island and Oz. Just trying to catch up and get our life back to normal again. Looks like there are a few new members which is always good to see.

I think I can honestly say after our travels around Oz we have no doubt in our mind that NZ is much better suited to our way of life than Oz. It's a lovely country and it's good it's only a few hours away from us to visit for holidays but thats about it.

We're both now looking forward to settling down now and rcving our passports back from immi with our PR stamp on them

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, Amy . Great to have you with us again. It's been a tad slow on here recently, but we've had quite a few new members popping in, which is good. Perhaps it's one of those transitionary periods where some of the older members start to fade out and newer ones comes in.

Hope your travels went well and now you've proved that you are happy with your choice of NZ as a place to settle. What are your thoughts on the north/south debate? How does SI compare with the NI in your estimation?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi Amy.

I think you've made the right choice ... though the wages are higher across the ditch. We only had three weeks in Oz but was certainly impressed by what we saw. Still, we could not decide whether we would put up with the high temperatures, bugs and snakes. No doubt we would have got used to them. Thinking about it ... don't think Oz would have let us in anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    It's been a tad slow on here recently, but we've had quite a few new members popping in, which is good. Perhaps it's one of those transitionary periods where some of the older members start to fade out and newer ones comes in.
    As an older member, must admit to fading out. Working five days a week in my own business, and looking after four kids, has made life a bit busier and more exhausting.
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Great to have you back with us. Sounds like you had a great time on yoiur travels- look forward to hearing all about them.

Seen as you are 'home' now i'll be able to tap you up for advice on Welli too. we will be there in 4 weeks!!

Do I count as an old one? And you aint getting rid of me that easily.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ebianca View Post
    Do I count as an old one? And you aint getting rid of me that easily.
    Yes, of course, you count as an 'old' one, Beth. 'Old' as in established, not 'old' as in wrinkly and creaky (although some of us can hold our hands up to that as well )

It's the nature of this forum to have its quiet times when folks are getting on with their lives, but I didn't want Amy, returning from a lengthy absence from the forum and a prolonged stay in Oz, saying 'Strewth Bruce, where is iverybiddy?'
    Mother Bear

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Really, you think it's been slow on the forum lately, MB? I think it's been pretty much average, always lots of members showing online and lots of new little orange post alerts

Great to have you back anyway LilAmy - here's to settling and enjoying NZ for everything it has to offer from hereonin

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgirl View Post
    .............. hereonin
    I had to read that bit twice - I thought you had started your own little 'business'
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Beth I'm here if you need any help/advice on the Wellie front. I forgot how much we liked it here until we came back. You'll love it!

It's taking me ages trying to work out when folks are coming across and what stages everyones at in their Visas!! So many changes.

The wages in Oz are great. Our friends moved across to Perth at the start of Jan and are earning a lot more than in the UK and almost treble to us in NZ but their Rent and bills are double to what we're paying.

Apart from the great beaches and sunshine the one thing I'll miss in Oz are the great shops. So much better than NZ ones but I'm sure I'll get back to the NZ style in no time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgirl View Post
    Really, you think it's been slow on the forum lately, MB? I think it's been pretty much average, always lots of members showing online and lots of new little orange post alerts
    We seem to have quite a few new members who make a post or two then go quiet and some of our regular members aren't around quite so much any more although I'm sure they have very good reason not to be e.g. Glenda and KH. BTW, before you start on me, I'm not complaining about it, just missing their presence, but that's the way the proverbial cookie crumbles. I just get used to having them around and miss the particular type of banter we get from established members.
    Mother Bear

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Have I missed so many posts..

Hi All,
    Well, I am sure if I wasnt so lazy I would find this info.
    Basicly, we have been in NZ now 15 months and our LTBV or Entrepeur visa's are for three years starting from April 3rd 2007.

So, until then we cannot apply for our PR??
    Is that correct..MB the power being your info will help me on this...

Ok, its because it seems so long off and then wonder that even after we have run our business for the full two we stilll have a period of waiting as we are not able to apply before April 2009.

We are thinking about revisiting Perth, but then our time here goes out of the window and we could end at square one again..

It must be the weather thats unsettling me...
    So, as its quiet any one got any thoughts....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast