Thread: Qualifications not recognised - gutted

Andrew Family is offline Junior Member

Default Qualifications not recognised - gutted

I have been told today that the Chartered Institue of Personnel Development (CIPD) qualification is not recognised in NZ or OZ and unless I had a degree then the business visa route seems unlikely. He did suggest the sponsorship visa attached to an employer but I am worried in case the job does not work out and then have only 28 days to up route the family. We may have to go down the route of buying a business but the only type of business I would like is a B&B and most are only leasehold and the freehold ones are really expensive. I think I will have to research this option further but we have limited funds and wanted the move so that we could have a relaxed lifestyle!! I don't want to move into a stuation that will mean watching every penny with lots of pressure and unknown certainties i.e. will people book rooms etc. It seems like our dreams of leaving this country are fading. Does anyone have a good web address for buying businesses in NZ. Any advice in any of the above would be gratefully received.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

So sorry that your quals haven't been recognised and your hopes dashed.

Here's a few websites if you want to look for a business.

You could put your own advert on here for free.
    Aorata Businesses for sale in NZ, Oz or....Wales??
    Businesses for sale
    Clyth MacLeod .
    Business Sale .

And, if you haven't already, you'll need to read up on this . There are a certain number of rules about starting your own business but, as our Macfod will tell you, they aren't cast in stone, especially if you're likely to be employing a few kiwis in the processs.

Good luck.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.