Thread: NZ job search

telcra is offline Junior Member

Default NZ job search

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this forum.
    I interested in migrating to NZ with my family, and have already been reading the EOI basic and I think I will apply for on line, but my questions is:

Does somebody know any "on line" job search portal where I can actually post my CV so potential NZ employeers can take a look at it?

Is there a site where we can promote our CVs in the NZ labor market and maybe a NZ employeer pick it up and wants to go through sponsorship.

Kind regards,
    Carlos.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Carlos and welcome.

Have a look on our website list under Employment where it gives you a few job agents' links. I would hope some of them, at least, will allow you to apply for jobs and send your CV online.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

telcra is offline Junior Member

Default NZ Job search

Thanks Motherbear
    This site listing is really good and I have already posted my CV on some of them.

Regards,
    Carlos.

johnty is offline Senior Member

you may have already come across SEEK - New Zealand's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site ,they are good you can do one of there cv's or upload your own.
    got my job through them

knight is offline Junior Member

Although there are a number of job boards ( though CVs inputted in job boards tend to be more like a black hole with few employers making use of it) another option you have is to upload your CV on the database of some recruitment agencies such as Hudson, Powerhouse etc. Still another option would be to register your CV on the websites of some potential employers. However please be aware that most of the time, the truly viable option is to send a CV and apply for a specific job. Good luck

rayonline is offline Junior Member

I am not sure about EOI, have a look into it....

If you are applying via Seek.co.nz that might be more of the usual way unless you have a skill that NZ are short of. That usually works when you are in NZ already and part of the form will ask you do you have residency in NZ. Employers tend to want face to face interviews and go via a security screening check. I think usually they don't go via sponsorship unless its a skill shortage in NZ..... Much of the job sites even govt departments they refer you to the immigration website if you lack that.