Thread: Requirements for PR

jazz is offline Junior Member

Default Requirements for PR

I want to apply for PR in NZ. Can anyone help me out how to g about appplying it. I meant what is the first step.

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Have you checked the NZIS site here ? See which category you fit in best - are you a skilled migrant, or will be coming on a work to residency permit? Use the points checker to see if you qualify - a minimum of 100 is needed to enter the pool. I am coming on the skilled migrant category but others have come on the WTR visa. I'm not sure if the requirements are the same but the NZUS site should give you all the info you need. If you can find it
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

jazz is offline Junior Member

Default i want to apply for skilled migration

i just want to confirm that the first step is EOI and
    I am bit confused in filling the EOI form. I need help in the following sections:
    Section D: English Language ability
    I havent done IELTS test report so far but i got degree which i did entirely in english.
    I just wnat to know is it ok the select under D1 as:
    study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in english.
    then it says go to QE1
    in this i dnt have any nz skills
    so i have to select option : none of the above then it says go to Q F1

any sugesstions please

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Jazz, welcome to the forum.

Yes, filling in the EOI would be the first step to applying for residency if your job title and qualifications are in demand by INZ and you can manage to get 100 points or more on the points calculator.

If you did your degree in the English language it sounds like that would be enough to meet the minimum standard of English.

Principal applicants* under the General Skills category meet the minimum standard of English if:
    they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged*) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module; or
    they provide evidence that the qualification(s) for which they have been awarded points:
    was gained as a result of a course or courses of study in which English was the only medium of instruction; and
    (if that qualification was gained in New Zealand) the qualification had a minimum completion time of at least two years or it is a post graduate qualification and the applicant has an undergraduate qualification that may be awarded a minimum of 10 points;
    or
    they provide other evidence which satisfies a visa or immigration officer that, taking account of that evidence and all the circumstances of the application, the person meets the minimum standard of English. These circumstances may include but are not limited to:
    the country in which the applicant currently resides;
    the country(ies) in which the applicant has previously resided;
    the duration of residence in each country;
    whether the applicant speaks any language other than English;
    whether members of the applicant's family speak English;
    whether members of the applicant's family speak any language other than English;
    the nature of the applicant's current or previous employment (if any) and whether that is or was likely to require skill in English language;
    the nature of the applicant's qualifications (if any) and whether the obtaining of those qualifications was likely to require skill in English language.

If you have a look around the forum, today I've posted a link to a guide to filling in the EOI on another thread, which you may find helpful if you haven't already seen it. Unfortunately I can't advise you about filling in the form as I'm not going via that route and can't access the relevant form.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Hi jazz,

I have looked at the form and section E relates to any job offer or work you have in NZ. If you have yet to secure a job then the answer is no. Section F relates to any professional qualifications and you would need to check the INZ site for what they deem recognised - it depends on where you are coming from and what country you gained your qualification List of Recognised Qualifications. To gain PR through the skilled migrant category you do need to have a skill that is on the LTSSL Long Term Skill Shortage List. But please check the INZ site and all the info is on there, also as you complete the EOI there are guides for each page & section. Hope this helps.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch