Thread: NZ bound

charka is offline Junior Member

Default NZ bound

Hi There Everyone,

I'm Rudi T, from Indonesia. I am interested to make a move to NZ. Though, I have some inquiries taht need clarifying and hopefully this forum can help me out..
    Is there anyway for me to apply to become like a skilled migrant with my qualifications: Bachelor in Finance from USA, 10 years work experience, mostly in credit department (6 in states, 4 here in Indonesia), married (wife is just a home maker) with a baby girl, and obviously no job offer from NZ employer .
    I understand that my line of work is not included either in the short term skilled nor the long term skilled. Though, I want to know if I can have any chance of progressing through the skilled migrant approach.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!

Rudi.

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Hi there!

Have you tried the Points Indicator? You can find a link here: Skilled Migrant Category

If so, how many points do you have? You can check the fortnightly selections to see if you would have been selected with the points you have: EOI 5 December 2007

That's probably the best place to begin.
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes I did try the points indicator and got above 100. What I am not sure is that if I claimed the correct point or if I miss something. I feel that my line of work is not either in absolute skill shortage or future growth areas. Hmm.. I'd like to be sure if there is any chance, you know..

Cheers!

Rudi

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Is your work experience in a managerial position? You might stand more chance of getting in if it is.

I came across this information which includes many finance job titles, but I'm not sure what the list is for as there are so many jobs listed on there that don't appear on the LTSSL. Perhaps you can fathom it out.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thank you for the info Mother Bear..
    My current position more like a supervisory level. It is listed as credit controller (or credit manager) on the attachment. Although, only a few applicants granted the permit for the job. Can this qualify for the LTSSL or future growth areas do you think? hmmm..

Cheers!

Rudi

Blog Entries

Have you checked that your qualification is on the List of recognised qualifications? If it is that would be a good start.

If you read through this it explains the how procedure is broken down and what you can claim points for, such as work experience, but your work experience should be in the same line as any qualification you are claiming points for. I can't see anything like your job title in the LTSSL so it could be that you would have to try for a Work to Residence Visa which takes longer but could get you PR in the end.
    Mother Bear

Thank you again for the info Mother Bear..

I read the work to residence page that you attached. But tell me if I am wrong, don't I need a job offer from NZ employer to qualify for this program? Also, what do you mean by 'longer'? I appreciate all your kind help and attention.

Cheers!

Rudi

Blog Entries

Yes, unfortunately you would need to get a job offer with an accredited employer to get on the WTR scheme. If you haven't been able to get a job offer from Indonesia I'm afraid the only other option would be to travel to NZ and try from inside the country. Employers are more likely to be forthcoming when potential employees are sitting in front of them. Of course, it's always a gamble whether you will get a job, so no one can guarantee this.

When I say the WTR would take longer I mean you would have to work for the same employer for 2 years before you could apply for PR. The WTR route is one that people with skills not on the LTSSL can take if they can't use the skilled migrant way.
    Mother Bear

Mother Bear.. you are so helpful.. I greatly appreciate all your info regarding my inquiries. Now, I think I clear up some of my confusion regarding NZ immi.. I can start planning what my next step toward getting out from my shack here.

All the Best!

Rudi T.