Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now just ang on a vair vair minute

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Now just ang on a vair vair minute

Right folksies, I feel I have to address this issue as there seems to be 'vair vair's' popping up all over the place by unlicensed everybods.

As the original contributor of the 'vair vair' I claim the right to limit its use due to the dilution effect that overuse will cause (Assuming of course, as my ego does, that it has any effectiveness whatsoever - I know this in itself is vair vair sad but I had a deprived childhood )

Now, certain peeps have been given the green light and a personal dispensation to incorporate the beloved 'vairs' into thread weaving but these peeps understand the necessity of restricted use.

Please, please go through the proper channels if you wish to have the freedom of 'vair vair' usage gifted upon you. Every unlicensed use of it flakes away a speck of my life energy and I shall vair vair soon become a withered husk. Is this what you wish to become of me
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

So vair who's vair been vair overusing vair the vair word vair vair vair then vair Dawn vair ?

I vair understand vair the vair need vair for vair restricting vair its vair use vair, but vair you vair have vair to vair name vair names

Or vair is vair that vair a vair vair vair vair vair vair vair vair vair vair vair vair vair vair silly vair question vair?

Oh no, am I sapping your life energy????? I vair vair sincerely apologise if I am............... Oops There I go again
    Last edited by Welshgirl; 15-10-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

vair -

1. A fur much used for lining and trimming garments in the 13th and 14th centuries, generally assumed to have been that of a variety of squirrel with a gray back and white belly.

2. Heraldry. a fur represented by a pattern of escutcheon- or bell-shaped figures, each outlining the adjacent sides of those beside it so that the figures alternate vertically and horizontally both in position and in tinctures, of which argent and azure are common

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    .......... a fur represented by a pattern of escutcheon- or bell-shaped figures, each outlining the adjacent sides of those beside it so that the figures alternate vertically and horizontally both in position and in tinctures, of which argent and azure are common

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgirl View Post
    See your point ... obviously, only the more intelligent amongst us can fully understand and use that word.

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Burgundy21 is offline Member

I have a bell shaped figure and am often tinctured with azure when the wind is vair cold, so do I qualify ( without of course draining Dawn to a husk....)

Obviously 'escutcheon' also sounds French so that is another reason....

Having tuned in to the radio I thought you were just writing phonetically to reflect the pride in your accent......

Blog Entries

Glenda - what are you on girl?? Gerrout on y' Harley love!

WG how could you do that to me? I now only weigh 2 stone 4lbs and my life force is equivalent to Tottefans - a vair vair desperate situation for me to be in as you well understand.

I was of course joking peepsies, you all vair vair away to your hearts content. You can tell when folks are getting comfy on the forum when they start slippin them in - do you agree? Methinks t'is a good thing

As for my accent Burgundy, you must have thought I was vair posh to pronounce it like that - bet you were sorely disappointed

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Shouldn't this be in the Coffee House? Peeps will wander in here all innocent and looking for succour and helpful info and think they've blundered into Borat's world .

Dawn, in order to have authority to use the vair vair term, you have to wear a lime green mankini. Luckily summer is just around the corner so it shouldn't be too bad.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I was of course joking peepsies, you all vair vair away to your hearts content.
    I can't tell you how vair vair relieved I am . I thought I was in vair vair trouble

Dawn, you will always be the queen of vair vair
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

Blog Entries

MB what the hell is a mankini? And I don't have to be given the authority by anyone, as it is I who gives the authority

You, of course, as our most dedicatedist, committed and wordsmithie of the forum, were entitled to use the phrase as soon as it was uttered. Taf and WG were obviously similarly entitled, Ebianca and Keeweegal were granted dispensation for being vair vair cool and exciting peeps but everyone else using the phrase are usurpers and pilferers.

T'is a good job I have a sense of humour and forgive the transgressors

MB please post a pic of a mankini please, then perhaps I will agree to wear one if you will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast