Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shall we ave a knees up?

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Shall we ave a knees up?

I've bin thinkin. Do y reckon we should ave some kind of sad forumite gettogether, only it wunt be sad it'd be fab, groovy and vair vair most enjoyableousness. I suggested it to Taffy a bit ago and he said and I quote, 'No we've tried that before and they're all miserable gits and don't want to come.' Now I'm sorry Mr demigod, you know you are my out and out hero BUT I have more faith in my faithful, loyal and committed forum friends than that. I am to endeavour and secure a date and venue where we can meet up and enjoy each others fleshies in the fleshie so to speak.

Now, I know we have the duo island problem. Some of our most valued and wine sodden comrades reside on that other island that is the south. I feel that this is just a challenge that could be easily overcome with forethought and careful consideration. We must agree to search for a solution that is, let's face it, only brought about by water. No, I am not talking about incontinance (there is always Tena for that) but that briny, wavy stretch between you and us. I have the confidence in my forum buddies to fathom an imaginative and exciting answer to this small but insignificant problem.

Now.....what to do, what to do.......Does anyone have any suggestions about what we should spend our time partaking in once said challenge has been thwarted and conquered. There may be a prize for the most absurd yet intriguing suggestion if I can get anyone to donate a reward worthy enough. The only pre-requisite is that it should involve copious amounts of alcohol. Please feel free to post as many suggestions as you like and when all avenues have been exhausted we shall vote upon most favoured activity as any good and proper vair vair democratic institution should.

I am so var vair excited about even the prospect of meeting up with peeps that I can barely prevent myself from passing a little wee. Please enter into the movetonz spirit of things and prove Taffy wrong about y'all. Close your eyes and feel my spirit fingers stroking yours...'Come along, come along, relax into the warmth, share yourself with me and others who wish to know the rainbow of your aura. You are safe, feel the warmth, share your soul, experience new beginnings.'

Are y coming then or what?
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Well Dawn with that speech you could persuade anyone to do anything.

If I was even anywhere remotley near either island I would certainly come along for the ride- however unless someone knows how to work miracles it is highly unlikely.

I will just sit back and let everything fall into place and then keep an eye out for any photos and stories which turn up on the forum after the event.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I suggested it to Taffy a bit ago and he said and I quote, 'No we've tried that before and they're all miserable gits and don't want to come.'
    I don't think it was so much that people didn't want to come, it was more a lack of 'pulling together' and timing. It started off OK but then they were waiting for better weather and, by the time it arrived, everyone had got fed up of waiting or were doing something else by then.

Perhaps with your zip and zing, Dawn, you might just be able to pull it off this time. As always, the venue is the biggest headache with folks being from all over the place. If you can crack that one, then you'll have a good base to start from.

Good luck. It'd be great if you could pull it off.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

It's funny, isn't it, how 2 small islands are actually so immense!

I would suggest a meet up in the middle, say somewhere on the tip of the South Island in wine country, but I think it would still involve flying for anyone in Chch or south. When we drove to Kaikoura the other weekend, it was the most grueling 2.5 hour drive I've ever made.

That said, if the event were sufficiently attractive, people might be willing to dole out the $ for a flight or ...

So, here are my 2 ideas:

1. A cruise--hey, think big, right? Save those vacation pennies and days for a cruise.

2. The International 7's in Wellington next February. I hear that is the biggest and best party in all of NZ ... and there's footie! Again, thinking big!

The point is, while a meet and greet would be fine, I think something organized around an outing would sweeten the deal.

My 2 cents.
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Blog Entries

OK, I admit it MB, my 'quote' from the Tafmeister wasn't quite a 'quote', honest cop guv but as an artist and a thespian I claim poetic license alright

Ebianca, if we manage to pull this off I can guarantee that although you may not be with us in body you will be the topic of conversation coz you're northern and ginger

I know it's not, I know, and I apologise again I do, I do. Just remember, in ode days of round-houses and unsophisticated weaponry red-haired ladies were much revered for their strength and fertility. They were highly sought after by hairy leaders of men as hosts and chalices for their precious seed. Methinks it is a good job that I was not a red-haired wench of said past time, I would have been whipped and burned at the stake for telling hairy leader of man to naff off from under my pighair blanket for I would be saving myself for a sensitive, soft-skinned evolutionary who doesn't have chicken poo under his fingernails and pondweed in his teeth. I would not have allowed myself to be used as a mere vessel for rampant seed sowing and, I suspect, rancid sweat smelling individuals who took a fancy to my flamey locks and good bone. Being blessed of the red hair I would, of course, have the feistiness, arsiness and enough thick spittle to fight off any fanciers of misplaced intentions and so, I imagine, would you Beth. Oh thee of gingery, peppery, spicy constitution!

Have I redeemed myself yet??

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Ha ha...
    Well I'm up for a few kilometres!!
    We wouldn't want to travel far that's the thing.
    Now I need to read a hundred posts in 15 minutes!!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I say we 'av it at Dawns place. Good ole BBQ and much merriment. That way, none of us end up having to wheel Dawn home in a barrow.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I say we 'av it at Dawns place. Good ole BBQ and much merriment. That way, none of us end up having to wheel Dawn home in a barrow.
    A barrow! A barrow I repeat with indignation. I conduct myself with the vair vair utmost dignity at all times. I have no need of a barrow and IF i did I would like to think it would be decorated with native flora and padded with a wad of hay in the bottom for my bottom so to speak. Said barrow would also be made available for all others in need and after our little gathering in the radio room last Saturday night I can name more than a few who might have greater use of it than moi.

I agree with KH, something organised around an outing or an event would be the way to go. The International 7's thing sounds like it could be a goer.

More ideas folks, more ideas.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Xmas Dinner! We'll all get together and giveth thy wooly jumpers as gifts.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

A Saturday (for travel purposes) would be my pick.

The Sevens would be good. The tix go on sale this Wednesday at 8:30, and there's a limit of 10 each I believe.

Nelson, Blenheim, or Wellington would be my top choices. Wellington would probably be the easiest since most of us live in the North Island. (and it has nothing to do with me living in Wellington!! Seriously though, I just drove 24 hours in 3 days last weekend. I have no problem with driving!)

And as for a crazy idea:
    We find us a sheep paddock somewhere, make a bonfire, and drink wine, beer, and spirits. And if we get caught we can say we are with Al Sheepa and we are on a reconnaissance mission to protect the sheep (and the mastermind of Al Sheepa will be there of course!).

Or we could just dress up as sheep at the Sevens!! (muwhahahahaha - evil laugh)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cor Blimey! I have no clue what to make of some of your post, love.

I have a very limited amount of British/Cockney. Some of it b/c Kiwis speak a remnant of the language. And the other is b/c my best mate (a Welsh bloke) bought me a UK guide. It's got some helpful translations in there, but I didn't expect I'd have to be tri-lingual to be on a Move to NZ forum (my languages being American and Kiwi....shoot, I understand Spanish right now better than I do Cockney!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast