Thread: Back in NZ after a 2 month trip 'back home'

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Back in NZ after a 2 month trip 'back home'

Hello everyone!

Seems a lot of posts have gone up in the past two months which is great. Just trying to get time to plough through them all.

Stu and I did our 2 month holiday back to Scotland during July and August and have returned knowing that we are making the right decision in deciding to pursue PR.

We really miss all our friend and family and it was great catching up with them all but it did make us homesick for NZ whilst being back. We still love Scotland but know that setting up home here in NZ is the right thing to do. There seems to be so much more opportunity for things in NZ compared to the UK. We really enjoy our new healthier lifestyle here in NZ.

On the Residencency side of things it was good going back and getting Police Certificates sorted, certifiactes and references for work etc - most of which apart from the police certificate we were able to get before we left. Replying on Mum to courier the Police ones to us when they arrive.

We still plan to go back again for Xmas 2008 for a couple of weeks (money providing) but it is great being back. I dont think we'd ever do a long holiday like that again as it was so costly and very tiring!!

We've both been really lucky workwise since being back as Stu's back at his old job and I got another contract job starting on Monday. Also landed a lovely penthouse apartment in Wellie CBD which has amazing views over the sea and Mt Vic.

All in all, it was great to go back to the UK but it was even better returning to NZ

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Welcome back Lil Amy.

Great to hear you enjoyed your holiday. Seems like you now know where the 'heart is'.

Welcome back home.
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hey LilAmy, great to see you back (on NZ soil and on the forum ).

Nice to hear you believe you made the right decision - sometimes it takes a trip back to our homeland to prove to oneself that the right decision was made in emigrating, and for you it was obviously a good choice

Hope you settle back into NZ life well, now that you're 'home'

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Lovely to see you back on here, Amy, and also interesting to hear your views on living in NZ versus living in the UK now that you've experienced both. I'm sure it must be very comforting for those about to make the move to hear that you were happy to return and pick up the threads of your life in NZ.

Looking forward to seeing you around here again. Good luck with the PR process.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hey Lil Amy, yeah glad you enjoyed yourself back in bonnie Scotland! Must have been nice for you to see everyone and spend time catching up, bet you were in demand eh?
    Nice to have you back and like others have said it looks like you've made the right choice.
    Good luck with everything
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

It's good to hear from you after your visit to "the old country". I'm glad that you've had the opportunity to confirm that NZ is the right place for you to be.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

NZGirl is offline Junior Member

Hi LilAmy,

I am leaving the UK in less than 2 weeks time to make the big move to NZ and really emotional about the whole move (not seeing the family) reading your post has made me feel a bit warmer inside. How long had you been in NZ before going back to Scotland?

Look forward to hearing back.
    New Zealand Ladies Fashion get the latest gossip

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi,

It is a very emotional time when you leave but its amazing once you've said your good bye and you walk through to the departure lounge you feel like a big weight has been taken off your shoulders. Be prepared for some tears but just go with the flow!

We'd been out for about 10months by the time we returned to Scotland. It felt like yesterday we'd arrived in NZ and already we were back on a plane to the UK!

I must admit tho that I have this week started feeling a bit homesick but it's more missing my family and friends than anything else. I think you'll always get waves of that and you should never make any rash decisions until you are feeling 'normal' about things.

Good luck for your move across! Enjoy your last few weeks in the UK...