Thread: Question for a friend

Alison is offline Member

Default Question for a friend

Hi Guys

My friends over in the UK are hoping to be able to look to make the move over to NZ, but aren't sure if they have the right skills. I am looking through the NZI site but I really, really dislike that site and find it really difficult to find out info so just thought to ask here incase people have any ideas.

My friend has 10 years experience as a retail manager, and also has been a police officer (not sure of the top of my head for how long), does anyone know of the top of their head are these skills that are required and would gain points for their EOI?

I will keep looking myself but if anyone has some ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ali
    x

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Alison,

Mangement is classed as skilled, so you could find something to fit there. Wouldnt hold out for the police thing though, even though they are still advertising for staff, they already have more applications than positions!

You should get them to join the forum, cos then they'll get in by default
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Alison is offline Member

Thanks Taffy, would he need qualificiations for the management side or would the 10 years experience be enough do you think?

And I have passed on the website address so hopefully they will pop on soon :)

Ali
    x

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Depending on their age and situation etc, 10 years should be plenty good enough.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.