Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a Job

welwynrose is offline Member

Default Getting a Job

has anyone got any recommendations about how to get a job before you submit your EOI - we will only have enough points if we have a job offer before completing our EOI - we have signed up with New Life New Zealand but was wondering if there were any other people/places we should look at

gopz is offline Junior Member

Well I too have signed up with New Life New Zealand..lets see the results that Paul can produce!!!

Alison is offline Member

My husbands job came through going to a New Zealand Expo in London last November, so for anyone in the UK there are 2 more Expos coming up in October if anyone would find it useful Opportunities New Zealand - EXP07 . Apart from companies looking for staff it has stalls with info about the different areas, NZ banks, immigration, shipping etc (at least it did when we went last year hehe) We fell in love with Taranaki there and registered on the regions site Taranaki - A region like no other - Welcome and our job offer came from there.

Otherwise the other place we kept an eye on was keeping an eye on Seek.co.nz which gives an idea of what jobs are available, a lot of the positions are for people who are eligible to work in NZ already but some come up that are eligible for migrants to be so worth checking it out.

I'm sure there are other ways as well but these are the 2 routes we used.

Ali
    x

johnty is offline Senior Member

Hi guys
    many people have landed jobs at expos and off the net with seek ect or applying for jobs by going through the yellow pages or the NZ press under jobs ,
    but it does seem that getting over there and putting yourself about goes the extra mile.
    there are some stats that say only 70 to 80 % of jobs in NZ get advertised.
    the companies that i have contacted all seem keen to talk once im there (with the exception of one that im waiting on for a phone interview date)
    i have not heard of new life new zealand are they an immigration consultant,as many of these companies find you jobs to get you there ,for a fee of course .
    happy hunting people
    Johnty

Well guys
    as previously mentioned in this thread applied for a job on offer with seek.co.nz the company made contact had a phone interview on monday evening and got offered the job.
    on tuesday i got a phone call from another chap about some people he said he had lined up to talk to me.then checked my email and another agency told me that they have some clients who would like a chat.
    it would seem that if you can give the employers or agencies a date to work to things start to come through.as when i was applying in the past without our visa's and no firm arrival time the best i got was see you when you get here, which i can understand as the was no guarantee we would get our visa's.
    i am sooo pleased to have a job to go to it is a big relief for me.

Rease is offline Junior Member

Congratulations! So glad to hear that! I'm not aware of the full story -- are you already located in NZ? Did you interview in person, or strictly over the phone? Where's the new job?
    EOI Submitted 9/6/07!!
    EOI *Selected* on 9/11/07!!
    Visiting CC, Queenstown & surrounding areas in Nov.

Hi rease
    i am still in the uk at the mo,and had a telephone interview with an electrical company based in Rangoira (north canterbury) but most of the work is in Chch
    The people who interviewed me were rearly nice genuine folk who have said if theres anything i need to know just ask and not just work related,one guy has offered to find out the rental another employee had when he relocated from Auckland,as we are struggling to find a let that will take our dogs.
    all the best
    Johnty

Alison is offline Member

Big congrats Johnty!!!!

Rease is offline Junior Member

That's great. My DH has applied to several jobs from the Seek site, but has yet to have heard back from anyone. However, some of the jobs are still taking applications thru Aug 31, so maybe after then we'll hear something. In any case, I'm so excited for you! Congrats again!

Rease
    EOI Submitted 9/6/07!!
    EOI *Selected* on 9/11/07!!
    Visiting CC, Queenstown & surrounding areas in Nov.

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Congrats Johnnty ... another one for the Chch area!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast