Thread: Migration Bureau - Consulting Group

Mentiad is offline Junior Member

Default Migration Bureau - Consulting Group

Hi All,

Whats you experience of using the Migration Bureau to speed up your residence application?

Im moving to NZ in September on a WHV but im using the UK office of the Migration Bureau to get me full residence.

So far I have paid 90odd pound, submitted all my details and waited for a couple of weeks. Rang them today and I get oh sorry haven't you received anything from us yet?? later unfolds that they got all my details through the post and forgot to do anything with it, so they are now "trying to find" everything so they can send me a reply soon.

I decided to use them to simplify the process and speed things up, so im a bit disappointed right now.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mentiad View Post
    I decided to use them to simplify the process and speed things up, so im a bit disappointed right now.
    You wouldn't be the first to be disappointed with immigration consultants although I can't say anything personally about this particular one. A lot of them have a bad reputation for taking your money but doing very little for it. There are a few out there who are reputable but, sadly, it's just by recommendation that you can find out which is which.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Blimey, if they've stuffed up this early on, I don't think I'd be happy with them dealing with a complicated visa application!

I can't say I've ever seen anyone mention that company before, which could be good or bad I guess. Maybe time to cut your losses while you're only a few quid in. Agents can't really speed up the process for you anyway, they can only help get your stuff in order before submission, or in some cases find you a job.

Out of interest, what do they charge for the actual PR application?
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Hi Mentiad,

Out of interest, why did you opt to go through an agent? I'm not knocking your choice, but it's a pretty straight-forward (albeit long-winded) process. The hardest part for most people seems to be getting all the paperwork together. Won't you still have to do that for the agent?

I'm living in Amsterdam at the moment and the Migration Bureau are very big over here. They run regular seminars where I have met the company director who manages to convince us they can get PR in a couple of months which is why we were interested in using them.

They assess all your family's key factors for immigration and advise as to which is your quickest way in to NZ, they help you obtain your paperwork and go over it all so that immigration wont find any problems and need further information from you delaying the process.
    They also have a recruitment company and make an effort to find you a job.

It sounds good but the cost is around 5000 Euros for PR, I believe that cost is negotiable for certain cases like mine, I will be in NZ whilst applying for PR and I have means to find my own job etc.

They have an extremely high success rate too, which is encouraging but as you've read above Im not impressed they forgot to process my details already. Its entirely possible that I just had a rare bad experience.
    Thats what Im asking you lot if you have heard of any other issues with them.

I think one more slip up and Im not going to use them, I will report the individual that disappointed me to the company director who I can speak to personally, maybe that will make them serve me with more respect.

Blog Entries

Well, if you know people at the top, may as well use them!!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Please don't think I'm being cynical Mentiad, but in my experience, adding another layer of 'action' to any process rarely speeds things up. I'd be surprised if any of the migration agents have got a 'fast track' with NZIS and it doesn't sound as if they've moved you up the queue so far.

If you're coming out to NZ on a WHV, is there really any rush to get PR? I can see some advantages if you want to bring a car or ship your furniture. But (and it's only my opinion) your application will be processed quite quickly anyway, especially if you have enough points and a job offer. 5000 euros will buy you a lot of things in NZ
    Last edited by kokopeli; 28-07-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Kokopeli is right, no agent can fast track anything, their applications join the queue with anyone else (although granted they may be approved faster as usually everything is in order), and getting it done in NZ is much cheaper and faster!

Also when considering the so called 'success rate', you need to be aware that they will most likely only take on clients they can 99% guarantee will get in, so it means very little. I've got a 100% success rate as the application I put in for myself was successful!
    Taffy

Hi all,

Whilst I do agree with your points raised there are a few reasons that make agents faster.
    They do offer a fast track option with the NZ qualification authority assessments,
    These people liken your profession qualifications and certificates to NZ approved ones which give you points.

and the biggest help is that they have very strong relationship with NZ immigration and know the exact process that will be followed with your application. this means they will only submit your papers at the exact time that they can pretty much guarantee acceptance. more often than not NZ immigration will need to contact applicants regarding data within their application which can take weeks or months to resolve. A good agent will iron out any possible confusion in your application to make sure NZ immigration can process your application in the first attempt.

Certain agents of course have a reputation within nz imm for only submitting valid applications making the immigration job much easier so are favored by the authority.

Agents can be expensive but they do know the tricks and hints that are not published on the web, this advice can make a difference whether your accepted or not. Of course they know all this because they have made a business out of helping people move to nz, they are usually the first to hear and fully understand any changes imposed by NZ immigration and find a loophole to any problems. their making lots of money out of it so why not.

One nice thing is that if you have any questions/concerns pop into your head they answer the phone straight away and put your mind at ease, which is more than I can say about ringing the nz immigration.

Im only trying to share my knowledge with you all, not justify my interest in agents btw.

anyhow with all that I have shared above I do have advice for those in doubt about agents or immigration.
    as I mentioned before I have paid this agent 90 quid to register (not much in the scheme of moving to nz) and today they have emailed me a full report outlining every aspect of my wife and my personal details suggesting the best way to fill out each part of the Skilled migrant application and more important what not to do ;).
    Obviously my report is personal to us so I can't really help you much with its content. but for 90 quid Id suggest its worth you doing it too. I think I could have spent months of research and got about 70% of this information myself but they did this in a couple of weeks (or less if you read my original post here).

So now they have helped me so much already I am actually considering processing the application myself and saving their fee of a few 1000 euros. Now I have registered they can help me over the phone at no extra cost.

kokopeli, I need PR because I want to stay in NZ forever the WHV is for 23 months only, and my wife and baby girls aren't really allowed to be with me, they are traveling on a visiting visa which is valid for 6months and can be extended for another 6 months without leaving nz. You have to be careful doing this but we have been told a few tricks to follow, just ask if you need to know them.
    I have a shipment of all my stuff arriving in nz whilst im on a WHV, they allow this without a problem as long as the stuff you ship is not new unused items, ie with no commercial value etc.

Take care all..

No worries Mentiad, sounds like you've got a good plan. Hope it all works out. Don't hesitate to post if you've got any more questions