Thread: Well I had to ask, but not for myself.

vondermot is offline Member

Default Well I had to ask, but not for myself.

My sister and her OH have just been round and had a quick peek at whats going on and why my OH has had full control of the TV for the last 2 weeks, they have both asked a couple of questions:

Sis: Do they have car boot sales in NZ?

Bro-in-Law: If he moved to NZ would he be able to get away without paying off his bank loan.

What do they say you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family, just shows you what I'm trying to get away from.

But on a more serious note my Mikey wants to know if he will be able to get Dolmio bolognese sauce (his favourite), won't touch my homemade spag bol.

Tracey

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

Such simple priorities!!

Can't say I've ever seen or heard of a boot sale here, but I expect they happen somewhere under a different name

He can try and escape his bank loan, but they'll come looking for him.

The good new is, yes they have Dolmio sauces!!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

There's heaps of car boot sales all over New Zealand, so fear not You just need to keep your eyes peeled for the advertisements.

Dolmio sauce - mmmmmmmm

Brucey is offline Junior Member

Loads of garage sales on a Sunday!
    Kiwis in Training

sleepy is offline Junior Member

As far as leaving the debt behind ... the UK and New Zealand have what's called a reciprocal agreement, whereby a debt can be 'sold on' to the country of your residence for collection. Im not sure if UK credit reference companies liase with New Zealand companies, but if your brother in law were to "run away" from the debt, they would find him if he ever ever tried to obtain credit, his UK credit file would be shot, and chances are so would the New Zealand one.

In the UK however there is a law / legislation that if you are abscent from the country for 7 years, all you debts are wiped off (if they don't find you in New Zaland that is), if you were to ever return however your credit file may well be shot, however Defaults placed on your file expire after 5 or 6 years, so it may well resolve itself. Don't quote me on that though, im not a financial adviser or anything so take anything I saw with a very small pinch of salt.
    Last edited by sleepy; 13-07-2007 at 02:03 AM.

vondermot is offline Member

Will let him know but he's not got the urge to move, at least he's not told my sister, makes me wonder what he's planning!!!

Tracey