Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pak N Save Sylvia Park

bstar is offline Member

Default Pak N Save Sylvia Park

Ok...before I write this, I know that some may deem this as a little pathetic...as I know that NZ has fabulous food...but if any from the UK are missing a little bit of home (for example I know I will have to satisfy my cravings for Minstrels and Wotsits on those odd hang over days)...these can be found at Sylvia Park Pak N Save in Auckland....just thought some may be interested in this
    EOI submitted 9th April 2007
    EOI drawn 11th April 2007
    ITA received May 8th 2007
    ITA received by NZIS June 1st 2007
    PR approved by NZIS June 19th 2007

Arrived in Auckland August 23rd 2007

RedAlligator is offline Member

Dont think its pathetic at all and every interested. Need a taste of home every now and again. Do they do toffee crisps? Thats my favourite and every time someone asks me what they can send over its always that as havent seen them here yet.

Gonna have to get mysel up to Sylvia park and check it out. Getting a craving for Walkers Cheese & Onion crisps.

bstar is offline Member

not sure about toffee crisps...but did see Walkers in there....and Jaffa Cakes!!

RedAlligator is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bstar View Post
    not sure about toffee crisps...but did see Walkers in there....and Jaffa Cakes!!
    Oooh jaffa cakes, havent had them in over five years! Even my kiwi OH loves them. Thats it, you've made up my mind. Think were gonna have to pay a visit there this weekend. Tx

bstar is offline Member

Have fun and enjoy!!! If they have any other new goodies, let me know!!!

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Toffee crisps?? What?? Toffee flavoured crisps?? Crisps covered in toffee?? I haven't seen any of these in the UK?? They sound orrible!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Ahh Toffee Crisps I loved those!

They were like rice crispies and caramel covered in chocolate. Yummmmmm
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

I know desperation when I hear it! Okay guys, give me a little list of what you're craving. Shellbda and I will probably be the only ones who will have room in our luggage as we are only coming for a short stay, so we shall have some room for choccies and crisps...well, I will anyway, Shellbda's luggage maybe full of rum... Toffee Crisps, Walker's Cheese & Onion, Jaffa cakes....

I have a terrible sweet tooth myself and I noticed the last time I was over that the Cadbury's chocolate just doesn't taste the same as good old UK variety...so I shall be bringing my own supply as well!

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bermy Girl View Post
    I know desperation when I hear it! Okay guys, give me a little list of what you're craving.

Oh don't get me started - can you please bring any or all of the following........Farleys Rusks, Richmond Irish recipe sausages, Bisto Gravy Granules, Oxo crisps, Lion Bars, Double Deckers, Salt 'N' Shake crisps, any Walkers crisps,..... what else?..... oh, Fry's Chocolate Delight, ..... ummmm, oh I could go on..... I know that's not all chocolate or crisps, (hell, you can't even bring some of it into the country!) but I had a wave of nostalgia creep over me then and just started naming things I miss

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bermy Girl View Post
    I know desperation when I hear it! Okay guys, give me a little list of what you're craving. Shellbda and I will probably be the only ones who will have room in our luggage as we are only coming for a short stay, so we shall have some room for choccies and crisps...well, I will anyway, Shellbda's luggage maybe full of rum...
    Enter party-pooper stage right.

How do we stand regarding bringing food into NZ? I know people have brought stuff in their container, but they do make a fuss when you're coming in on the plane. The first time I arrived there I had a half-eaten packet of Polo mints. I declared it and they took it off me and gave it a good scrutinising before handing it back to me.

This link to the customs site asks

Goods of Quarantine Interest

Does the baggage contain:

Food of any kind (raw or processed)
    • Animals (alive or dead) or animal products including, but not limited to: medicines, meat (fresh or dried), skins, feathers, bone, wool, eggs, cultures, shells, hair, honey, or hunting trophies, and manufactured items made from animal products including skins, ivory, and fur
    • Plants or plant products including, but not limited to: fruit, vegetables, seeds, flowers (fresh or dried), nuts, bulbs, cane, straw, bamboo, wood or wooden artifacts
    • Equipment used with animals or plants including, but not limited to: saddlery, bee-keeping equipment, things to prevent pests or disease in animals, or items associated with forests or trees
    • Used camping, garden or sporting equipment, bicycles, vehicles, soil, or water

It doesn't say you can't bring things in, but it makes a point of wanting to know about what you bring in. I know that the food mustn't be fruit or veg and honey and other food must be in unopened packages, and shouldn't contain seeds and such things that might leap into life if they somehow come into contact with NZ soil, but is there a list somewhere of what is allowed in and what isn't?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast