Thread: Re: Afr-Caribbean Hair Dressers in Wellington

ButterflySim is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Afr-Caribbean Hair Dressers in Wellington

Hi,

Firstly apologies, I know that this is not directly related to your post. However, I am having the same problem with hairdressers in Wellington!

Originally form the UK I normally have my hair "texturised" actually, but for a longer period than normal, as this is used bymy hairdresser as an alternative to relaxing, (because it's a lesser chemical intensive process and my hair gets quite dry & weak from it). I would love to find a hair salon that can do this, but failing that, at least just "relaxing"...but with Afro-Caribbean products such as Dark & Lovely / Organics as a pose to European as these don't work so great for me!

The only place that I know at the moment is Hair Afrik. However, I have heard about people having bad experiences there (ie. their head/scalp was burnt), and also upon venturing inside I have to say that I don't trust that myhair would come out healthy either!

If anybody can help me I would be really greatful...I've been looking for weeks now and am becoming overdue for a hair do!

Thanks, Simone.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Simone,

Welcome to the forum.

I've taken the liberty of moving your post to a new thread in the hope that it will get more exposure with its own title. We have a couple of members on here who will, hopefully, know something about this hair type and I'm hoping the title will attract their attention. They may not look in regularly but with a bit of luck it'll catch someone's eye and you'll get an answer. Nattyydread is in Masterton and he was enquiring on behalf of his wife some time ago so perhaps he may know about what you're looking for.

Good luck.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

This used to be Garys particular area of expertise when he was a hairdresser but I guess that doesn't help you much now does it? Sorry
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi,

The only hairdressers I would have mentioned would be Hair Afrik as that's the only one I have seen as well.

It may be worthwhile giving a general hairdressser a call to see who they would recommend? They may be able to give you a few other ideas.

Alt check the yellow pages. I had a squiz at the CBD ones and Hair Afrik was the only one there. But there may be one in one of the suburbs.

Sorry I cant be of more help - good luck. It's a nightmare finding a good hairdresser here I'm on my 3rd in 8 months!!

ButterflySim is offline Junior Member

Smile Thank-you for the feedback!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thank-you all for your support and help! I know that it is super tricky... and in fact I'm still looking for a hairdresser.... but it's so nice that you have taken the time to help so thanks!

Ps. Apologies for the delay....I almost forgot that I had posted this....(obviously I'm having too much fun!...but I shall try and put it in a more obvious place for future ref!)

Have a great day!

Sim