Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Property

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Talking Property

Our offer on a property in Palmerston North has been accepted!! So exciting! We decided to buy a property and rent it out before we move there. Even if we don't end up living in PN, we can leave it rented out until we can find jobs in the area. Bit delirious right now!!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Ohh you property tycoons!!

Congrats
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Bravo!
    Did you buy it online? Have you got piccies we can have a look at? We do love to oooh and aaahh over folks' houses.

Now get that family of yours sorted out and your happiness will be complete. Oh gawd, this doesn't mean Shell's going to hit the bottle again?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Talking

Thanks Taffy and MB! We saw it online, but I have a good mate in Palmerston that went and had a look at it for us and gave us a complete rundown of the property before we put in an offer, so we knew exactly what we were dealing with. I've never been property owner before, it's a wonderful feeling! Housing prices in Bermuda are astronomical and completely unaffordable for single mothers. The average property price here is US$1.5 million. For a comparable property to the one we are purchasing in PN, we would have had to pay about US$2 million at least!! Probably another reason why we are so excited, we'd never be able to own such a porperty here...let alone the garage!!

Property Brokers - Welcome Property ID BU12129 For the piccies MB

Blog Entries

I think I'm going to cry.

It's really lovely - light and modern. I'm so happy for you. It gives you somewhere to aim for when you visit in July. Such excitement. You must let us know what it feels like in reality when you get there

Break out the bubbly. Sorry Shell, can't hang around waiting for you. We'll start the party without you.
    Mother Bear

Smile

Shall do...I just hope we won't be crying when we see it up close and personal

Blog Entries

Tell me about it! Ours was a bit like that. The previous owner turned out to be a bodger who seemed to think everything could be done with the aid of some chewing gum and a bit of string. We're slowly putting things right and the place is looking much better now, thank goodness.

We bought ours long distance, too, with the aid of Taffy's eyes. I think we knew before we got there that there would be a heap of work to do on it. Wouldn't have minded so much if we'd got it for a good price.
    Mother Bear

Smile

Confidence waning...however, we did get it for less then we thought we were going to. They accepted our first offer, which even the estate agent didn't think they were going to accept...so fingers crossed it will all be good when we get there.

Blog Entries

I would point out that our place dates back to the 1960's so a bit of wear and tear was to be expected.

You can tell from the photos that your place has been cared for and looks very up-to-date. Ours has needed quite a lot of renovation and, on closer inspection, a number of things were on the verge of crumbling. It's a lifestyle block, quite rural, and hadn't been well looked after. We love it though, warts and all.

Hope your tenants take care of your house for you. My tenants in the UK trashed my place so I wasn't very amused. No doubt NZ tenants will be much better behaved. Our NZ 'tenants' are very well behaved (or appear to be so), aren't theyTaffy?
    Mother Bear

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't have minded so much if we'd got it for a good price.
    Seriously?! This place was a bargain! Might need a bit of cash spending on it, but it'll probably be worth $200,000 more by the time it's finished! And we'll have no cracks about "yeah, when it's finished" please!!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast