Thread: A quick question :)

Alison is offline Member

Default A quick question :)

Hi

We are just about to send in our WTR and subsequent visas and just wanted to check from anyone else who has done an application in the past does all the documentation you have to send in have to be the originals i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates etc ..... I didnt want to send them in only to find we dont get them back I know for WTR we can just send in copies of qualifications for now but for anything else I am being a bit blind and cant find whether it has to be copies or originals, so if anyone with experience can let me know I will be eternally grateful!

Ali

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi Alison,

The answer is 'certified copies', that is photocopies of these documents stamped by someone like a solicitor (that's we we did). Hopefully, your solicitor will do it for free or a nominal fee - take the copies and originals to them, they should check both, stamp the copy and initial it. I do recall several past posts about this subject (somewhere).

Hope that helps!

:smiley:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    ......I am being a bit blind and cant find whether it has to be copies or originals
    I'm not surprised. I just had a look, thinking the answer would be glaring out at me, but it wasn't. They don't make it clear at all :rolleyes: .

Anyway, I found this after a bit of wandering around looking lost:

You must provide either originals or certified copies of all documents submitted. We are unable to accept photocopies without the original document. Copies may be certified by notary public in the UK (Justices of the Peace in New Zealand) Lawyers or Solicitors. Certification by members of the South African Police, Post Masters, Bank Tellers and School Teachers not accepted for Immigration purposes.

If you are not providing certified copies of documents you must include the original document with a photocopy immediately behind it.

INZ reserves the right to request any original documents when only certified copies are provided.

I believe things like the medical certificate and x-rays may have to be the originals, although I have seen something saying that you only need to submit the x-ray plates if there is any problem showing up on the report.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Alison is offline Member

Thanks guys for the help!!!