Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help Appreciated

  1. #1
    KazBee is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Unhappy Help Appreciated

    Hi all,

    Am hoping that someone can help me by answering a few questions and perhaps pointing me in the right direction.

    First off I am 43 years old CoHabitating with 3 children.

    My partner is an Anti Social BehaviourOfficer and at presnt I am a chat moderator in A chat room.

    Neither one of us has degrees just the normal secondary school education and GCE O Levels.

    My parents are both in New Zealand and have been citizens of NZ for the last 11 years, I must point out that i also have a sister living in the uk at this time.

    Having looked through the NZIS information I can't find any category that we would come under apart from Family Quota.

    We really realy would like to emmigrate to NZ to be with my parents, give the children a better life and us of course. Having been to NZ to visit my parents 3 tmes now it tugs at me even more.

    Can anyone help, have any suggestions ????



  2. #2
    MotherBear's Avatar
    MotherBear is offline The missing link
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries



    Perhaps you’ve already read that the Family Quota is more like a lottery than a true immigration category. It is generally run when the numbers under the Family Category are down and there are spare places. I would assume that the numbers have been well up for the last couple of years because the Family Quota hasn’t run, unfortunately.

    I also suspect you already know this, but according to the NZIS site, regarding sponsorship under the Family Category Sibling/Adult Child Policy , the fact that you have a sister in the UK goes against you I’m afraid.

    It also says ‘Your brother/sister or adult child must also have an offer of employment and meet a minimum level of income’ so it sounds like you’d need a job to go to as well. I’m not sure if your partner’s job type is on the Skills Shortages List, but without a qualification it could be that NZIS wouldn’t look at him.

    Many people, if they can’t get into NZ any other way, just go on a Visit Visa, look for a job and then get a Work Permit which allows them to remain in NZ and work for maybe 2-3 years. The hope then would be that the WP could be extended. If your partner’s work experience is in demand in NZ, perhaps if he managed to gain NZ experience for a few years, it might be enough to swing it for residency. It’s certainly not an ideal way to get to stay there, but, without the benefit of a degree or suitable recognised qualifications, it is very difficult to gain Permanent Residency short of investing $2 million (Investor Category) or running your own business under a Long Term Business Visa, which is often very difficult to achieve.

    I’m so sorry it’s not better news, as I feel it’s always very sad when families can’t be together but, no doubt, NZIS has its reasons for imposing these rulings. I do hope you can find a way to be with your parents.

    Anyone else have any helpful ideas?
    Mother Bear

    Try to bloom wherever you are planted.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46