Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had this problem with Bargate Shipping?

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Anyone had this problem with Bargate Shipping?

Hi,
    Some of you may remember me posting the disasterous shipping experience we had 7 months back, but it's still unresolved, we're still stuck with broken items, things missing etc... really - how long must you expect to wait for someone to take full responsibility?
    I'm forever e-mailing the boss there and recieving "I've passed your e-mail on to our NZ counterparts etc!" but I feel like we're being stalled. I have been so polite upto now but my patience has now worn thin and I don't appreciate liberty taking.
    I'm now being asked if I could help them by finding out if the NZ company has gone 'bust'? Jeeez, I wouldn't have a clue who they'd employed to carry out the shipping of their own container, does this sound rediculous or am I missing something here??
    Please can you advise?
    Thanks
    Debra

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone had this problem with Bargate Shipping?

Sorry to hear you're still having problems after all this time, Deb. :(

Surely it should be up to Bargate to chase things up? After all, the shipping arrangements were made through them and it's in their own interests to find out what's gone wrong and protect their good name in the industry.

If the NZ company has gone bust, then it's import that Bargate finds out now rather than sending other unsuspecting customers down the same road. They're just trying to pass the buck and get you to do all the work for them. Either that or they're playing for time in the hope you'll get fed up and drop the whole thing.

I can't say I've ever heard anything bad about Bargate before and we were going to use them last year to ship some remaining items I had in the UK. The only reason we didn't use them was because they weren't able to come at the time we specified.

I don't know whether threatening to name and shame on this forum would spur them into action because I think they are aware that a lot of their custom comes via forums like this.

Good luck with it.

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Do as the Bear says, tell them that we promote them because of their prior record, but if they are unwilling to help their name will be mud!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Do as the Bear says.....
    Oh, you're so masterful. ?

Mother Bear

Thankyou MotherBear and Admin!
    The main boss there even called my shipping experience a DISASTER at the time but still nothing. I'm waiting for a response from my last 'firm' e-mail, he is obviously quite thankful that Easter was yet a further delay for me!!
    Thankyou for your support, it does help x

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

we used bargate and found them ok apart from that when it reached NZ they sort of were not too interested..
    The main guy I knew and contacted there was Howard.

They shipped our goods though in a matter of weeks and no damages

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Hi Macfod, you got it spot on for me when you said that "when it reached NZ they sort of were not too interested" (Sorry, I haven't figured the quote button out.....). I think this is pretty common and not just a problem with Bargate.

We were treated so badly by the NZ removal agent appointed by our shipper that we refused to deal with them. We got a refund in the UK and arranged everything here ourselves. We found a nice (honest) company to deal with and saved over $1000.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kokopeli View Post
    (Sorry, I haven't figured the quote button out.....). .
    Hi Kokopeli,

For future reference, just click on the Quote button at the bottom of the post you want to quote from. It'll open the message box with the member's message already in there. Just delete any bits you don't want included in the quote, but making sure you don't also delete the quote tags at either end.

Then, underneath the quote, you can add your own message and save it as usual.
    Mother Bear

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure if this would work for those in the UK or NZ, but here in the US, I would consider sending them a hard-copy letter (with or without a cc: to a lawyer). Sometimes a paper trail jars folks into action.

If you had the contents insured, I recommend you file a claim and let them harass the shippers.

Good luck, Debd.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Thanks everyone!
    Mark: Howard was involved with our shipping too but he got the packing date wrong and I had to chase him hard to make sure it went off as promised!! But Geoff the boss is the main guy dealing with this and promised me he would do his best, (6 months ago nearly!!) He's still yet to answer my last e-mail from over a week ago, I don't care that Easter was in the middle, if it was my company, I would regularly check and deal with important e-mails.
    Yes Selchie, a certain amount of contents were insured, but can you believe, Geoff said that they'd never had insurance claimed on a settee, (before we paid) and then what happens??? You guessed it, our settee cover was fifthy when it reached us and the crafty delivery man turned the soiled seat over so we wouldn't see it initially!!
    I'm really fed up as I have a house full of plenty of damaged, broken, chipped, soiled items that were over 2 weeks late to boot!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast