Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any links to LTBV

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default any links to LTBV

Hi all,
    I have tried to find previous topics/links to LTBV;s.

Can anyone help with previous experiences as I slowly troll away.

Its a three month process time currently.
    :) :)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: any links to LTBV

This is a link to the Search facility results, showing old posts of anything to do with LTBVs.  Without going through all the posts, I can’t see if they’ll be of any use to you and I see that you have been involved in a lot of them anyway.  This is a link, previously posted by Glenda, to the NZIS’ site which relates to LTBVs .

Have you got any specific questions you can put up here?  There’s not that many people on here who’ve immigrated via the LTBV and are still posting on here, but you may get lucky.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

I found this while I was looking for something else, Macfod. ?Haven't had time to read it through so I hope it's of some use to you.

Long Term Business Visa and Entrepreneur category.

This category is designed for those who wish to come to New Zealand and buy outright, buy into (minimum 25%) or establish a business. This is not a points system but rather is dependent on the applicant showing that they have:

? A viable and credible business plan and
    ? Sufficient funds to purchase/establish their business and
    ? Sufficient personal funds to support themselves for three years and
    ? Appropriate business skills and background
    ? A business plan that will benefit New Zealand
    ? A good command of English.

The first stage is to apply for a Long Term Business Visa. If this is approved because you satisfied the above criteria and there are no health or character issues, a nine month long Term Business Visa will be issued. So long as you have shown that reasonable efforts have been made to begin owning and operating that business within that time (and have transferred whatever funds are required to implement the business plan) then further permits will be issued for the balance of three years.
    During these three years you must buy or establish that business and operate it for two years. Once you have operated it for two years you may then apply for residence under the Entrepreneur Category.

Residence should be granted so long as you can demonstrate that you successfully established your business and you are still trading profitably and that the business is benefiting New Zealand.

"Benefiting" is poorly defined in policy and highly subjective but currently tends to imply employment and creation of new jobs in New Zealand in most cases.

There is a provision for an extension to these three years if there are compelling reasons why it could not be established/purchased during the initial three-year period.

Note:

? There is no minimum investment amount required under this category although applicants must demonstrate sufficient investment funds and personal funds to live off for their first three years.

? The granting of the Long Term Business Visa (LTBV) does not mean residence will ultimately be granted.

? If you have a spouse they will be granted their own work permit to enable them to either work in the business or with another employer for the duration of your LTBV.

? The Government does have some concern at the "quality" of some applicants under the policy and the types of businesses they are opening here. As a result an overzealous (and clearly out of touch) NZIS now require applicants to have business plans which propose opening or buying a business similar to that which they have been involved with in the past. The NZIS do not hold the view that business and management skills are portable and can be transferred from one business sector to another. Hard to fathom but true, demonstrating most (if not all) Immigration Officers have never been self-employed. Be very careful.
    Mother Bear

firing1 is offline Member

Hi Macfod,
    I came out on a LTBV four years ago and got permanent residence after 3 years. Unfortunately it is a very grey area and a lot of the staff at NZIS aren't sure of the rules and regulations. Most immigration consultants offer it as a last resort as it is one of the most difficult ways to get residency. Not only are there the visa issues but running a business in a new country can throw up all sorts of problems. If you have any questions just let me know as I have ran two business's over here and should be able to give you some advice. I saw your story on the other thread and I too will be interested to see if they grant the visa. I know I had to meet the crtieria and the rules got even tighter after my LTBV was granted and apparently I wouldn't get in on the LTBV now. Best of luck you need to take risks in life and I hope it all works out.

Paul Goddard

Hi Paul
    Thanks for that!
    Well, the form filling is a real knightmare along with other things.
    But, we have completed and will send all off today with fingers crossed.

We can only go with what we have and if they dont want us then :'( off we go to sunny Spain.

But, we have a business now purchased cash to run with no permits from 2nd April.
    Five members of staff to re-employ and plenty of money to prove we can support ourselves.

We are in the hands of Business Migration from here and will await a reply.

The existing business was only purchased after written comfirmation from a Manager in Business Migration so we have sent our application directly to him based on "who you know basis".

Worse case scenoria - no LTBP we ahve to leave and re- sell the business and dreams in small tattered pieces. but hey we will have tried.

POSITIVE THINKING THOUGH at this stage with lots of plans and talking to lots of nice local people all saying we'l have no problem! ;D :D

But, interested to know your hurdles and why you feel its more difficult now!

Mark

Blog Entries

It should go in your favour if you can show you will be able to give jobs to kiwis, Mark, as that's an important factor to NZIS.

Fingers firmly crossed for you.
    Mother Bear

Thanks MB
    Enjoy your trip and I'l keep you informed.
    NOW we wait and try to get involved with business we have bought .
    Mind you. found out our baker is now is jail for being caught with drugs ::) ::) :-/

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Y' know I find this difficult to work out. What the hell does it matter whether you have experience in the same type of business you want to buy or not? At the end of the day, if you're willing to lay everything you have on the line to make a go of something that you believe in and you have plenty of cash to support yourselves whilst you do it and there is the chance that other people will benefit from your enterprise, then why don't they just give you a pat on the back, a shake of the hand and a 'let's see what you can do then'. The only people that are worse off if the plan fails are yourselves and if it doesn't fail then the community, the region et al reap the benefits.
    I'm sure there are a few people in business immigration (like Macfods guy) who can see this and realise the benefits of giving someone a go and to be honest, that's what I had heard about NZ business, that they're willing to give people a go, the benefit of the doubt so to speak rather than being negative and cynical like they are here. We all know of people that have the credentials on paper but not enough of anything to get the show on the road, why can't the same credibility be given to people the other way around? I'd rather put my trust in someone who makes me feel they can make things happen than someone who hands me a piece of paper saying that someone else says they should be able to cause they've answered some questions right.
    Just bloody go for it Macfod. I know you are doing anyway but if they turn you down, find out why and then find out why that why is part of the regulation and then set about proving them wrong.

We will fight them on the beaches....... ;)
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

:) ha ha that made us laugh Dawn!
    But, sadly its true and what I want now is to come on and give some real positive news to all once we get our LTBP.

We are now regulars at our gym and are very friendly and involved now with out local dive club.

Apparently, the business we have bought is a fave for a few top local important people !!
    But positve remains and await feedback from Business Migration about our migration!! ;D 8-)

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Well, if all else fails, you could always go for political asylum or something!

All the best Macfod! I think Dawn is right, it's your cash, you're willing to give it a go, so they should let you make the most of it. I'd certainly make a big thing of the fact you've got staff as thats always a plus. You might want to leave out the drug part though :-?
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast