Thread: Aiee! Impending Interview.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Aiee! Impending Interview.

It looks like Wednesday will be the day. Yikes! I'm not panicked so much by the interview in itself, but by the decisions that will need to be made should we get residency. As some recent posts have revealed, I am of two minds. We've been stalled in the process for a year, which has given me plenty of time to fret, change my mind several times and play in the garden. But I think we have a course of action which will work for us.

If accepted, we'll head over to NZ to look for work. We'll also examine NZ with an eye for living there. If a good job offer is made, and we decide we do want to live there, we'll make the leap. It's possible that Karin will stay and start working, but I can handle the moving by myself (with the help of a gallon or two of G&Ts).

If we don't get any good job offers, or we decide we really don't want to live there, we'll come back and decide what we're doing next.

I'm trying to relax, and let the current take us for now. I'll trust the Universe to help guide us on the best path. Aieeeee! (Where's a panicky smiley when I need it?)
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Aiee! Impending Interview.

Oh THAT sort of interview! ?Was thinking you were talking about a job one. ?Well, that is a big step in the right direction so I'll wish you all the very best for it. ?I put up a list of possible questions so I hope you've swotted up. ?Lovely to hear that your plans are moving forward at last.

Have a 'panicky' smiley or two on me. ?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Good Luck Selchie,

I'm sure it will all go well for you! ;)

Blog Entries

As I expected, the interview was relaxed and easy. Her questions were pretty much as has been discussed before on the forum, so we had no surprises. Of course, we didn't rehearse, and thought of all kinds of things to say afterward - like what we knew about NZ and how we planned to settle in. But I think we did well enough.

Now we get to wait a bit, which is fine with me. We've got all kinds of things going on, and don't need to start another "headless chicken" routine. We figure that May would be an interesting time to go over to look for work and check out the living situations more seriously. We'll see how it all goes.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

One step nearer, Selchie. Glad to hear it all went well. Hopefully there'll be some good news soon (well, not TOO soon in your case). ;)
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

What a relief for you the interview is now over, was reasonably relaxed and seemed to go swimmingly! :)

You've done the best you can. Relax now and enjoy the calm before the storm. ;)

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Blog Entries

Thanks, MB & Glenda. The interview was one of the easiest aspects of the whole immigration process, especially considering all the angst I've had over getting one darned "all's clear" letter from a surgeon. I thought that we'd send it in, only to have NZIS say "sorry, too late; your application expired".