Thread: Getting nearer

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Getting nearer

Hello everone,
    Well, we have been travelling now through Oz for the past five weeks and leave for Auckland at last on the 9th December.

Then are plans start withb looking to start a new business and stay on the island.

Our luggage is still in store in Uk and the first thing we have to do is look to find a decent four wheel drive car when we land in Auckland.
    Can anyone help with an honest garage and good prices in the area.

Banks - are thought we were sorted with one open with HSBC, but have not liked their exchange rates whilst travelling through Asia the last months and may look to open up with another bank like Westpac.

Sorry, I havnt been able to log on or keep updated as much as I would have liked with isolation and expensive costs over here, but will now log on for help and advice from you great people out there.

New Zealand at last is ever nearer and will keep you updated.

thanks

Mark

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting nearer

Hey, Mark

Great to hear your news. You must be having a fabulous time seeing the world and exploring. Good to know all is going according to plan for you. Hope you'll be able to settle down in NZ after being so foot-loose and fancy free. You might get a taste for wandering the world - a pommie nomad. ;)

Good luck to you!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hope you have been having a good time in Oz (and hope you will be able to tell us more about it when you've settled down in NZ). :)

Can't help with a vehicle, but opening an account with another bank is probably a good idea as there are only few HSBC branches here.

Good luck with the rest of your trip and looking for a business.
    :)
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

It's good to hear from you again. I hope your adventures in Oz have been good. Is it true that nearly everything ther buzzes, bites or stings? I know you (probably) don't have the expereince of the American Southwest to compare it to, but I do wonder if it's worse in Oz.

Best wishes with your impending arrival in Aucks.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s