Thread: A 'growing' concern?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default A 'growing' concern?

Police arrest 500 for cannabis crimes

10.00am Wednesday September 13, 2006

Police arrested 500 people involved in growing and dealing cannabis during the 2005-2006 season and destroyed around 118,000 plants - 10,000 more than last year.

During the operation, officers seized 54 firearms and recovered an estimated $100,000 of stolen property. Police also shut down nine methamphetamine laboratories.

Detective Senior Sergeant Scott McGill said the results showed the police's commitment to reduce the availability and effects of drugs in the community.

"The number of plants seized is up approximately 10,000 on last year despite Police having to battle the elements to a certain extent this year with some unseasonably bad weather," Mr McGill said.

He said 77kg of dried cannabis was also seized, compared to 75kg the year before.

"Members of the public make a major contribution to the success of these operations by providing invaluable information each year that leads to plots being located and offenders arrested," Mr McGill said.

"Police intend to continue their efforts to reduce the availability of cannabis and associated drugs within New Zealand, resulting in safer communities."

Police said planning for next year's operation was under way. They appealed for people with information about cannabis cultivation to contact their local police station.

- NZHERALD STAFF
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default Re: A 'growing' concern?

Mother Bear!!!

Are you sure it's not just a police officer shopping at the garden centre during his shift???? I'm sure I have similar plants out on my front deck.........LOL

Fisheress

Hey...............why am I seen to be 'male' on the gender icon??? Has this forum gone completely crazy??

Fisheress

Blog Entries

Mother Bear!!!

Are you sure it's not just a police officer shopping at the garden centre during his shift???? I'm sure I have similar plants out on my front deck.........LOL

Fisheress
    They are rather attractive plants, aren't they Fisheress? ? ;D ?He could well be shopping for his garden and a little something to put in on the weekend.

To change your gender (not phyisically, of course ?), click on Profile at the top, then on the first screen click on Modify at top right and you'll see Gender. ?Just choose which one you want to be. ?

It's a pain that everything isn't on the one screen now and you have to trawl through all the different pages by clicking on Modify or whatever each time. ? ::)

Damn! >:( I didn't want to reply to this, just so there'd be someone else's name showing on the index.

Taffy, get these dratted 'edited' notices off here, please! They'd disappeared off the new posts I'd edited but have now come back again. Tried to stop them myself on the Admin Center but it makes no difference.
    Mother Bear

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Damn! >:( I didn't want to reply to this, just so there'd be someone else's name showing on the index.
    OK, I'll save you MB.

It looks like NZ focuses more on cannabis than meth (P), just like over here (USA). Granted many growing operations get way out of hand, with environmental damage occurring and growers taking over public lands. Also the "career" pot heads drive me to distraction. (Awfully pretty plants though). However I wish law enforcement would step up the campaign against meth. Its such a nasty drug, not only in what it does to users, but the byproducts are environmentally disastrous. My OH has many stories of meth labs, when she used to be called in after a bust to evaluate the environmental impact. Yecch.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Blog Entries

Hey...............why am I seen to be 'male' on the gender icon??? Has this forum gone completely crazy??

Fisheress
    You should worry, Fisheress. ?Look at Taffy. ?He hasn't got a gender at all. ? :o

Strange, I'm sure there was something there when I last changed his nappy.
    Mother Bear

You're right!!!!! Poor thing............have you told him??? ......or is he just not sure yet?????

Thanks for the instructions MB. This is my practice to see if I am still girly or not.

Must admit, I was struggling a bit with the new look forum...............I thought I couldn't read anymore!! There were all kinds of wierd symbols and signs in the middle of words.

At one point I thought I'd best steer clear................but I've given it another try and I'm back!!!!

Father in law arrived on Wednesday for a visit, so we have a guest!!!! How exciting.

Anyway, I can't wait to see if I have a pink icon now.......so I'm off to check!!!

Fisheress

Blog Entries

Welcome back to femaledom, Fisheress. I see you opted for the pink version rather than the blue. ;D

Glad that you decided to give the forum another go. We're still going through some difficult times at the moment, so it's really good to know we have the support of our steadfast members. One day we'll look back on all this and have a good laugh. Well, maybe not, as, for me, it'll be looking back on 2 weeks of my life that I've lost. Bring back my edits, Taffy!!

Selchie, I think NZ is trying to clamp down on their quite severe meth problem. There have been protests in the streets over it, so there's quite a bit of pressure to try to sort the situation out. Let's hope it has some effect or the next generation of kiwis won't be worth knowing.
    Mother Bear

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I think NZ is trying to clamp down on their quite severe meth problem. There have been protests in the streets over it, so there's quite a bit of pressure to try to sort the situation out. Let's hope it has some effect or the next generation of kiwis won't be worth knowing.
    Let us hope. Meth production and use are pretty bad here in Humboldt County, and I don't think drug enforcement is getting a strong handle on them. We are in a rural area with few resources for local drug enforcement (shouldn't they call it antidrug enforcement?). It frustrates me that the Feds dump all kinds of money into CAMP (Campaign Against Marijuana Production), but not into meth control. CAMP is a feel-good program, helping the populace think that evil is once again thwarted when the cops pose with a ton of the green stuff. Yet there are precious few resources for thwarting the real and scary evil of meth.

Anyway, I'll climb off my soapbox before I get really wound up.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

It's true that they should be pumping money into the serious stuff and not into the likes of cannabis. After all, stoners are mostly harmless and also good for the economy, when they buy heaps of snack foods to satisfy 'the munchies', and then fall asleep. [smiley=033.gif]

People on 'P' cause all sorts issues, committing crimes, aggressive behavior etc. A fair amount of domestic violence stems from P usage in NZ.

Personally, I cant think why on earth people do it to themselves in the first place. May as well just pop a cyanide pill and have done with it.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.