Thread: Do you believe in fate or is this a coincidence?

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Do you believe in fate or is this a coincidence?

Last week I emailed a Newfoundland breeder in NZ (I got her address from the NZ kennel club) to ask her some questions about my beautiful big baby boy. No, no, not Charlie! My other big boy, the furry one with the wet nose and 12 inch slobbers hanging from his jowels....err could be one and the same but anyway I mean my dog. I wanted to know about pet insurance and organic food etc etc won't bore you none newfie owners!! Anyway....

She didn't answer me for a few days and I thought, 'one of those NZ'ers thinking 'why do all these bloody English people keep asking me questions that I haven't got time to answer? Just think I've got time to sit here answering e-mails from all over the world when I've got slobber to clean up and.....' I'm waffling aren't I? Anyway...

When she did answer it turns out that she's here.... in UK...visiting her mum in Liverpool. She's over here until just before Xmas checking out new blood lines for her newfs but also and this is really uncanny...she's a primary school teacher and she wants some UK experience. She teaches DRAMA privately in NZ and has a friend who teaches DANCE!! Curiouser and curiouser...

She sent me her mobile no. saying that she would be really keen to come meet Hugo for a newfie fix and to chat about moving him over. So...I rang her and we were on the phone for AGES coz she told me all this stuff about what SHE does which is exactly what I do and she's coming down to stay with us for a few days next week so that she can tell us loads of stuff about all things NZ including DRAMA, DANCE, TEACHING and NEWFS!!

WEIRD OR WHAT? Of all the names on the list of newf breeders I chose hers...of all the places in the world she could be, she is 80 miles away.....of all the professions she could have, hers is the same as mine......ARE YOU THINKING WHAT I'M THINKING?

Of course, could just be a coincidence but :icon_wink:

Bit of bad news though :icon_frown: Hugo went to the vets for an xray yesterday as she was concerned a limp he'd developed on his back leg could be his hips. Newfs are the third worst breed for bad hips because they are so big and heavy. Sadly for my bear they found that he does have very bad hips :icon_frown: One of his joints is only half in the socket. Not a lot they can do except keep him comfortable and keep an eye on it for degeneration. It's his first birthday today and she said he could end up needing a hip replacement before he's 4!! We were hoping he could be a daddy when we got over to NZ but of course we can't risk passing on his problem to any baby bears so that's out of the question now but, Fiona, the breeder I mentioned said that there are lots of things we can do to help him so she's gonna take a good look at him when she comes over. Surely that's fate for my bear too!!

Good old Kiwis, seems they turn up doing good turns all over the place!!

Fate or coincidence?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you believe in fate or is this a coincidenc

WEIRD OR WHAT?
    No, just a wonderful coincidence....or maybe it is fate. I'm open minded on this. Would be great to think it is fate and that some good things happen because they're meant to. If anything like that happened to me I'd grasp it with both hands, which I'm sure you're already doing, Dawn. Fate or coincidence, just enjoy and make the most of it.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} to Hugo. How sad that he's already suffering at his young age. Perhaps a hip operation would be the answer to relieve his problem.

With a story like that I'm surprised you haven't added to Taffy's story-telling thread in the Coffee House.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Hi Dawn,

Amazing! So many coincidences! I can imagine how wonderful it all seems though.
    Maybe a bit of fate is involved here it would seem to me. I hope your doggy will be helped by this breeder anyway, even if it has to come down to an op' for him. Bless him, he's so young too.
    Your story sounds like an episode of 'Lost'! I think it's great beacause your job is quite unusual really so to have someone in the know would be great!!

Debra

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Guys, I'm not that serious about fate, come on get with the feeling ::)

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Err I'd be inclined to say neither. Maybe it's just a blessing!!

You seem a good person, you've probably got good motives in life and live fairly wholesomely, how about a good blessing from someone or something that watches over us all. [smiley=icon_mrgreen.gif]

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Maybe a bit of coincidental synchronous fate (how's that for a dodge?). As Rick said to Capt. Renault, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Poor Hugo. I hope something can be done for his hip. I'll bet he'd love some hydrotherapy!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s