Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tickets booked!

moggy is offline God like figure

Default Tickets booked!

Sorry not been round here all that much lately, the house sale appears to be going through, still waiting on exchange and completion dates, but we had to bite the bullet and book the tickets (can always change the date is exchange drags on). The shippers are booked for the 4th and 5th and we fly out on the 16th, arriving 18th September in chch.
    It has been a bit of a nail biting past few weeks, I got made redundant (actually was quite pleased about that) we sold the house then the MIL fell and broke her pelvis, we though she would be in hosptial for weeks but was only in for a few days.
    It has been sad saying good bye to friends and family, but we still know we are doing the right thing.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Tickets booked!

YEAHH!!! Good on ya, it's been too long for you ay?

Default Tickets booked!

Well it is about 3 months later than planned, but who cares we are there!

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Tickets booked!

Well done Moggy!

You must be so thrilled. We were the same as our move was two months after our planned time but hey at least you're on your way....you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

Default Tickets booked!

I am no into the last minute of oh heck - panic, cleared one shed completely yesterday, got the patio furniture to give a lick of stain to today, the loft to clear out,
    It is amazing how much stuff you can aquire in such a short space of time - we cleared everything out back in april when we thought we were going in June, but there seems to be just as much to get of again!

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default Tickets booked!

Moggy ... there is no excuse! You had plenty of time to sort yourself out! Mind you, the sheds, garage and attic are still full at our UK house ... left for husband to sort out. He'll probably find a Constable or Chippendale.

Have fun!

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Default Tickets booked!

well this evening we started to tackle the loft, there will be a trip to the tip tomorrow, though fortunately not a major one, most as it turns out were all the boxes from things we had bought in the last year that we had kept as we knew we were moving.
    Patio furniture now painted and indoors, table and chairs dismantled (from IKEA), things taken down from the walls and now starting to stop panicking.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Tickets booked!

One step at a time usually works well. Trying to do too many things at once and you'll end up frazzled and in a mess. If you work steadily I'm sure it'll come together well.

I've just cleared all my stuff from son's loft in the UK that's been there for 9 years. Hubster was panicking that we'd never do it in the few days we had and get it shipped out before son and family returned from their hols, but we worked methodically and it went very well, thank goodness. Looked like a bomb had hit the place for a few days .

There's always so much to think of when you're packing up a home and a life, so I wish you well with it, Moggy.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Tickets booked!

We should be moving out of our house (well 2 houses) in the next month and as I've been off of work this month, I just started going round each room. We've got a stack of stuff to take to the car boot, we've made several trips to the dump and we have a limited amount of stuff to take with us. We're not heading for NZ until next summer but I didn't want to cart a load of stuff with us to a rental to end up having to get rid of it all when we move next year so we're only taking essentials and those special little bits that we want to keep. Just treading water now really.

Good luck with the chores Moggy, I quite enjoyed it really and I was amazed at how much stuff we had that we didn't even use! Chuck it out, that's my motto, it felt great!!! [smiley=048.gif]

Default Tickets booked!

Well the shippers are in on a week on Monday, so not long now, not a huge amount left to really, except to packour suitcases and make sure we aren't over the limit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast