Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finished work 2day

monkeyboy is offline Junior Member

Default finished work 2day

hi guys
    i dont post on here very often just normally lurk around and suck up all the ace info
    but i finished work 2day after 18 years at the same place, house is sold and flights are booked and now feeling realy nervous!! im having all the have i done the right thing worries now [smiley=icon_sad.gif] so thought i would check in with you guys read some of the old post on how people are getting on and loving nz and hope these worries will pass??

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Don't worry monkeyboy, coming from Milton Keynes you'll feel right at home with the NZ grid system! Can't help you on the concrete cows though, although there's plenty of real ones!

Everyone has a case of the 'what am i doing?' nerves. Once you land in NZ, that will soon be converted to 'Ahh, THIS is why i'm doing it!'.

When are you flying?
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Monkeyboy,

The more you worry the worst it seems. Do you feel that you ought to be worried? That's the closest I came to worrying as I thought I must have forgotten to do something vital and was heading to NZ blissfully unaware of what I was doing.

Where and when do you arrive? There have been a handful of new arrivals over the past few months and i sure anyone can ease your concerns on any particular topic.

Most of all enjoy it. MK will always be there for you as Luton is for me. Keep it in perspective - We have made the right choice 100% and we've only been here a couple of months.

Well done

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

Everyone has a case of the 'what am i doing?' nerves. Once you land in NZ, that will soon be converted to 'Ahh, THIS is why i'm doing it!'.
    Haha. I was a bit opposite. Coming here was a bit of a whirlwind, and then after about 6 months, I was like: HOW did I get here again?

Well, I didn't even start posting on the forum until after I got to NZ. 8-)

NickampJacky Guest

Good luck Monkeyboy

I finish work this friday, but 'cos I get on so well with my boss I have said I will come back for a few days in september after the packing.

Best of luck

Nick

moggy is offline God like figure

I know how you feel, we are leaving in a few short feeks and feel the same. Just hang in there.

hi guys
    thanks for all the replys taken your advice and stopped thinking/worrying about it. i know this is the best thing for me and my family, it just having all this time on my hands makes me think about things to much.
    we are due to fly out to auckland on 16th sept with a 2day stopover in singapore to give the kids a rest.
    maybe i should think more about entertaining to small kids on the plane
    thanks again guys [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif] [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif] [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

hey we are flying out on the 16th to singapore - I am guessing from your location though that you are not flying from Manchester.

hi moggy
    no we are flying from heathrow. are you stopping there long ? we are there for 2 days
    just to let you know received a letter from trailfinders today about my booking. telling me from the 15th-20th sept there is a meeting of the international monetery fund and world banks and they expecting 12000 participants inc world leaders and finance ministers
    they go on to say that security in hotels and around the conference centre will be increased i dont know how this will effect us but thought you might like to know.

thanks, I don't think it will affect us too much, we are not staying over, just the obligatory 14 hours :icon_frown: but that has reminded me I really need to book the transit hotel as I have heard they get booked up pretty quickly. We arrive around 6 am Singapore time and leave I think 9 ish in the evening.

I don't know if you have been to Singapore before, but it was a shock to us how hot and humid it was, we were completely inapropriately dressed even just for the few hours we had there. Take my advice wear thin pale coloured cotton clothes and sandals, definitely no coats are required. Do not wear a black t-shirt navy nylon tracksuit bottoms and training shoes [smiley=icon_redface.gif]
    Oh and if you think it is hot in the air port - stepping outside was like opening an oven door!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast