Thread: Good Luck to everyone...

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Good Luck to everyone...

Sorry I've not been on for a while, seems a lot is happening for many of you now which is great news!

Rather than posting lots of individual posts I thought I'd just post one post wishing everyone the best of luck with their journeys over the next few weeks. Enjoy every minute as things move so fast...

Stu and I fly out tonight after a weeks holiday in Kuala Lumpur. It's been so relaxing and I think it's done us the world of good. If anyone is considering a holiday I'd go for it, although I'm not sure how the jet lag will be when we arrive in NZ, good thing is that KL is only 3hrs behind NZ so we're hoping it wont be too bad.

Stus managed to secure a contract IT position in BOP area which starts next week!! Means we have to get out buts into gear and sort out bank accounts, transport, accommodation etc. We were thinking we may have had a few weeks off when we arrive but no such luck. Anyway we cant complain as beggars cant be choosers eh?!?

I hope things move nice and smoothly for everyone, there's always a few hiccups but just go with the flow and enjoy it all. We cant believe we left Edinburgh a week ago!

Good Luck everyone, speak to you soon

Amy
    x

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good luck with the last leg of your flight, Amy, and with the jet lag. Can?t imagine the jet lag will be too bad, if indeed you suffer at all, as you?ve probably acclimatised a bit with being in KL for a week. You?re heading to NZ tonight and we?re heading to Scotland, so we?ll all be ?up in the air? tonight.

Many congrats to Stu on securing a job and I wish him all the best in making a go of it. Let?s hope your new life is all you wish it to be.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Thanks Amy!
    Glad you enyoyed your break in KL, sounds divine! The shippers are coming a week tomorrow to do our packing then we'll be not too far behind you! Good news on the job front for your fiance, that's great! Hey and plans never seem to go the way you anticipated do they!!!
    All the best for the coming weeks.... bye for now, Debra

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Very good news Stu and Amy. Enjoy the last leg of the journey!

Thanks for the well wishes and I am sure your new life in New Zealand will be as smooth.

Cheers!
    Pulsarblu

LilAmy is offline God like figure

We're here!

Arrived safe and sound after some palaver with excess baggage in KL. Got roound it by buying another bag, putting 10kg's in it and taking it on as extra hand luggage. If we wanted it in the cases we would have to pay ?140!!! So take note....

Immi were great here, had a giggle with them, stamped our passports with our Working Visas and off we went. Didn't need to show any proof of income or anything.

Just waiting for ou internal flight now in AKL.

Speak to you all soon

Amy

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Thanks for posting and keeping us updated!

Nice to hear that everything is going smooth for you and Stu. You serve as a motivator and inspiration to many of us. Keep us updated of your happenings when you settled down and have time at the PC.

Cheers
    Pulsarblu