Thread: Madness!

jento is offline Junior Member

Default Madness!

Hello all, it's been a while since my last post, but finally things are moving along.........albeit in a mad hectic fashion, since in the next 9 weeks we will be attempting to sell 2 houses, get married, enjoy a relaxing honeymoon in Turkey, say our farewells and depart on the 29th September....only a maniac could have planned it better.

I have managed to get a job - with Farmers - the department store - not actual farmers!!.....and start there on the 16th October, this meant that we got our blue stickers with not much fuss - I was surprised to note that the clause about staying in the job only stays in the passort for three months...I thought I would be tied to the job for years! We're relieved as it looked a bit touch and go with regard getting PR without a job offer as I only scraped 105 points.

We're planning to live around Howick or Bucklands Beach - in the south east of Auckland, as farmers is based near the airport apparently, when we land on the 3rd October (stopover in HK) we will check into a motel or some such for a week and then hopefully find a rental, am a bit nervous about getting somewhere in time to feel settled for starting work.

It's going to be difficult leaving everyone after the wedding, but we have three weeks to say our goodbyes, just makes it harder with memories of various parties etc so fresh in our minds! Anyway, very very excited about the move....and a tiny bit scared!!

thats all for now!

Jento

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default Madness!

Yep, definitely sounds like madness. :icon_wink:

After all that ... settling down will be an anti-climax. :icon_lol:

It sounds like you are really going to enjoy yourselves. Have a great wedding and honeymoon. With a place the size of Auckland, I am sure you will find somewhere to rent soon after you arrive.

[smilie=cheers.gif]
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Madness!

Good to know all is moving along well with you, Jento. Congrats on landing the job with Farmers. It's a great start for you.

[img:a497d73c3c]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_16_1.gif[/img:a497d73c3c]
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Madness!

Hi Jento,

I am 100% u will like your new life in NZ!

As for rentals, be flexible for start and also look out for them on trademe.co.nz if you have not...

Pulsarblu

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Default Madness!

Wow Jento - sounds like you are trying to do everything on the "most stressful lifetime events" list in one go!!! In some ways though it might take the pressure off each part of the process knowing that you have something else to focus on once its done - good luck to you and your other half, and enjoy your wedding celebrations.

Best wishes

Maggie and the Moos

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Madness!

Hi Jento,

Wow you dont do things in halves do you :icon_biggrin:

It's all worth it in the end, why not do it all at once get it all over with then kick back and relax in NZ.

I hope the wedding, honeymoon, selling up and moving out all go to plan. You'll be across in NZ before you know it.

Amy

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Madness!

Congrats on all the momentous events just around the corner Jento. Try to find the time to enjoy them all - you'll have loads of memories to keep you warm for a while to come :icon_biggrin:

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Re: Madness!

[quote:1b22e1098f="jento"]Hello all, it's been a while since my last post, but finally things are moving along.........albeit in a mad hectic fashion, since in the next 9 weeks we will be attempting to sell 2 houses, get married, enjoy a relaxing honeymoon in Turkey, say our farewells and depart on the 29th September....only a maniac could have planned it better.

[/quote:1b22e1098f]

You are Awesome!!! I love you're style.

How many congrats and good lucks do you need in all that??? Well have them all from me.

If you have any hair left in 9 weeks then there's probably a good chance most of it will stay. Aaahhh I forgot children tho eeek!!! Just to cheer you up like :icon_biggrin: