Thread: Wi-Fi

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Default Wi-Fi

Hi,

I wonder if anyone in NZ can help with this (maybe Stevey). We got a lappy off ebay to take with us and Pa trying to get us to get Wi-fi so we can Skpe each other. All new to me but I think I get the gist of it.

What i wanna know is how easy is it to find Wi-fi hotspots and how people have got on over there using Wi-fi? Is it easy to use, pay for and log on? Are the the hotspots widespread (incl South Island)? How has the cost compared to phone cards home?

If anyone can help i will be really grateful!!! Thanks in anticipation! :icon_mrgreen:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Wi-Fi

This is a list of Wi-Fi hotspots in NZ. Hope it's what you're looking for.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Default Wi-Fi

Cheers MB,

We had a similar website from my folks. Tis very useful. Just wanted to know how those on the ground, so to speak, have found using it.

Bye for now. :006:

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Wi-Fi

Must admit, I only ever log on when I'm in a motel or at friends house. The time of day you're likely to be in a food court or similar, you're realtives will probably be catching Zs, it's easier to rendezvous in NZ evening.

The motels themselvesd have been quite varied, Most have some form of Internet access but only a few we've been to have had WiFi. We used a ADSL wire (the motel provided) to plug into Laptop most of the time, which was fine.

Prices range from $10-20 per 24 hrs in the motels but the Foodcourts and stuff I would imagine to be free. Haven't tried it tho to be honest.