Thread: Fiji

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Fiji

Some of you may remember the dilema of do we or dont we holiday before we come across to NZ.

Well we've both agreed we need a wee break before entering NZ after all the palaver of the house sale etc, so we're going to take a few days out.

One thought we had, or the travel agents had, was to holiday in Fiji then fly to AKL.

Anyone been before? Helen I'm sure I remember you saying you had, would you recommend it?

Other destinations were Kuala Lumper and Thailand but flight wise Fiji was going to be a little bit cheaper so where ever we can save pennies we'll be quite happy going.

Any thoughts, we've read a few good reviews on holiday forums but its always good to hear it from people you feel you know even though it's only names at the moment :icon_lol:

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Default Fiji

Hi Amy,

Yes we did have few days in Fiji. Depending on what you are looking for I would thoroughly recommend it, well the resort we went to anyway. We stayed for 3 -4 days in a hut on the beach. The resort only had 12 huts, a pool, resturant and tiny shop. We just lazed and walked and lazed some more as it was the first leg of our journey and we left at 9 the morning after the wedding. We got a minibus to the local craft shop and that was about it.

The island looked fab and we will def go back and explore more but I will be honest, we didn't explore at all while there so the good impressions were only from the resort, staff and drive from airport (about 1.5hr). The people we had contact with were really friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Fiji

That sounds bliss, thats exactly the kind of break we are looking for. We're only going to be going for about 4 days as well so we wont really have much time for exploring.

Was it expensive from what you can remember?

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Default Fiji

I don't have time tonight but I kept everything from honeymoon so I'll dig out the details tomorrow if i can. Buried under other boxes at the mo but need to get to it for us anyway. I'll see what i can find.