Thread: my flight is booked!

stndrd is offline Member

Default my flight is booked!

I leave on July 10th on whv and will be arriving in Welly on the 12th! We have had a change of plans yet again and instead of the wife and kids coming with me they will come about a month or two later when I get a little bit settled in. Just to think I never flown in my life, I guess the 20+ hour trip will break me in!

If anybody knows of any cheap weekly 1 bed rentals/cottages please let me know.

thanks,
    Brian

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good luck with it all, Stndrd. If you haven?t flown before, the experience should be quite novel for you, albeit a bit nerve-wracking to begin with. The flight itself is nothing to worry about, especially if you go straight from A to B and don?t have any stops on the way. Finding your way through the various checkpoints in the airport can sometimes be a bit confusing, but there?s plenty of people around to ask if you get stuck and everything should be well signposted. Taffy?s first flight, other than as a baby, was from the UK to NZ and he thoroughly enjoyed it, so hopefully it?ll be the same for you.

If you want to look for accommodation, take a peek at the Master Website List . Under Travel and Transport there?s a section for Accommodation where you can check up on places to stay.

Shame your family can?t fly with you, but at least you?ll be free to do what you have to do and get things settled before they come down. If you have any worries or queries about the flight, just ask on here and we?ll try to help you sort it out.

Be sure to let us know how you get on.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Great News!

What a spectacular first flight! Once you're on your way, you'll be fine! At least you won't have the kids...............that makes flying a very different experience.

Enjoy yourself and good luck for the future!

Fisheress

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Hi Stndrd,

What great news. Another member off. Do keep us posted.

My hubby's first flight was also to NZ. We went on honeymoon and did NZ, Oz and Fiji, 10 flights in a month by the time we got home! He enjoyed it and I am sure you will too. Take a good book. Who you flying with and which way?

As MB said, any questions and I'm sure someone on here will be able to answer them!

Bye for Now, Helen. :006:

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Have a pleasant journey Brian. and all the best once you get there.....

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi Brian,

Thats brilliant news. What a first flight on your own to do. you'll love it.

When Stu and I flew to NZ last year we had a lady sitting next to us flying on her own too and we just got nattering to her. Its amazing when you fly on your own who you meet.

My first flight on my own was to San Fran, and it was quite daunting but I loved it.

Keepus posted with your progress.

stndrd is offline Member

Thanks for all the good wishes.

I'm all set now with a short term rental, I'm staying at a b&b type place on Mt. Vic.

I'm not worried about the flight over, I actually requested window seats and am looking forward to it. Although, I do have some apprehension about what exactly to do at the airports, but I'll figure it out.

thanks,
    Brian

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi Brian,

You'll be fine at the airports just make sure immi papers/visitors visas the air crew give you are completed before you arrive, makes it a lot easier getting through.

Our first time we never got them given to us as we were sleeping and got into a bit of a fluster when we arrived in KLIA.

Other than that just enjoy the stop overs...