Thread: Bic Runga anyone?

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Bic Runga anyone?

Has anyone heard of Bic Runga?

She's a Kiwi singer from AKL and hubby and I are going to see her play in Edinburgh this Sat.

We've heard her music and just wondering if any has seen her live?

I think she's a fairly new artist but from what we've heard on the web she sounds pretty chilled out, similar to Norah Jones type style.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

A bit of background info on Bic Runga .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks MB

Quite looking forward to seeing her this weekend.

Just getting into the Kiwi spirit of things before we move out :icon_biggrin:

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

I haven't heard of her but I have often wondered about famous NZ singers etc.... because I don't think I've ever heard of any NZ celeb full stop! (They must be more well behaved over there than the ones here!!)
    I was wondering if there was a website to find out what is 'in' and 'hip' in NZ?

Hope you enjoy it anyway Amy

Blog Entries

Here?s a few sites for some NZ music. They also give dates when the groups are touring in the UK so you could catch up with them if you wanted to give them the once over.

Phoenix Foundation
    Breaks co-op
    Fatty Freddys Drop

[img:30f41051eb]http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/musik/524.gif[/img:30f41051eb]

I haven't been into this NZ Music site to see what it contains, but you may find something on here.
    Mother Bear

Hi Deb,

When we were across last year we quite liked the Feelers and Greg Johnson, very chilled out and reminded us of NZ as they were played everywhere. We've actually got their albums and play them quite alot.

Plus you always have Crowded House to fall back on if nowt else...

Blog Entries

[color=olive:bdf67132d7][b:bdf67132d7]Lock up your grannies, NZ's rock veterans go on tour [/b:bdf67132d7][/color:bdf67132d7]
    Friday June 16, 2006

New Zealand rock stars from the 1950s to the 1980s are to dust off their blue suede slippers for a nationwide tour.

Johnny Devlin and The Tornadoes, Ray Columbus, Sharon O'Neill, Shane, Larry Morris and Tom Sharplin will play the Best of the Best tour.They will set out on an 11-event tour in Timaru on August 10.

"Together they've had more hits than a heavyweight boxer - they are the heavyweights of New Zealand's rock music scene and they're celebrating 50 years of rock'n' roll," pre-tour billing stated.

Promoter Ian Magan of Pacific Entertainment said the special show would celebrate the 50th anniversary of rock'n' roll in New Zealand.

Raetihi-born Devlin , 68, was one of the first New Zealand rock stars. Pint-sized O'Neill had hits with songs such as Maxine, Asian Paradise, and Maybe, in the 1970s and early 1980s.

Ray Columbus and the Invaders were a New Zealand version of The Beatles. Shane was best known for his tribute to Beatle Paul McCartney - St Paul.

Sharplin's versions of Rock Around the Clock, Shake Rattle and Roll, and Great Balls of Fire were hits.

Morris has fronted rock bands for 40 years, Larry's Rebels is the best known of them.

Tickets go on sale on Saturday.

- NZPA

[img:bdf67132d7]http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/musik/2.gif[/img:bdf67132d7]
    Mother Bear

Well unfortunately we didn't make it along to see Bic play as I am floored with the cold but we did download her CD and it's brill.

Have a listen if you can, quite chilled out